bbc1 tnite..travellers..

Been watching it and as always when I watch em I think sure you'll get c**ts but you get that in every group...a lot seem nice people who are prejudged and saddly like the whole of england loosing their culture. I think a lot of their culture is a good thing anyway I mean if half the idiots in london where I lived settle problems with bare knuckles fights rather than stabbing each other it'll be a safer place.

Disagree dave they are preserving their culture and get aload of abuse because of sterotypes...its racism that's accepted and I don't see these trying too blow themselfs up and convert us all too their ways? The ones I've meet have been nice people to be honest.

• Like 3

Disagree dave they are preserving their culture and get aload of abuse because of sterotypes...its racism that's accepted and I don't see these trying too blow themselfs up and convert us all too their ways? The ones I've meet have been nice people to be honest.

Unfortunately it is a case of one face for the cameras and one for the real world in the case of the ones I have experienced numerous times.

Maybe just the ones you've meet mate? I'm not saying they are all saints but they seem to be given less respect than a certain religion which seems to be forcing us too change our culture...good and bad in all types imo

• Like 1

just watched it, its on next week as well. They got hare with salukixs :thumbs: , the farmer let them on his ground to get rabbits, but both party's had laugh about it .lol The life looks ok , but dont think i would like to live like that all the while, they said they only travel in the summer, then back to the houses in the winter. So a travelling holiday then lol, like the dogs wonder if they go lamping .??

Maybe just the ones you've meet mate? I'm not saying they are all saints but they seem to be given less respect than a certain religion which seems to be forcing us too change our culture...good and bad in all types imo

....I wish I had your experiences then, I do admit that my views have become twisted over the years. The Stewarts left a hell of a mess when they camped less than 150 yards from my house and they threw their rubbish into the stream and left dog shit where kids play. Coincidentally the clip of them picking up the wood behind the industrial estate was for the cameras benefit.....that place is 5mile from where I live but less than 100 yards from my work and they are more interested in grabbing scrap metal than wood and have a habit of taking things they shouldn't and then thye play that nice, innocent and humble demeanor.

There have been more incidents than that with other travellers I have experienced but unfortunately they are similar stories....they leave a right mess 99% of the time and as the wives don't get much money from the husbands they resort to shoplifting, I would say that those are two of the biggest issues that sets people against them.

But point taken there are also a lot of scum that don't live in caravans and they know no better either......and I don't like them either whistling.gifwhistling.gif

just watched it, its on next week as well. They got hare with salukixs :thumbs: , the farmer let them on his ground to get rabbits, but both party's had laugh about it .lol The life looks ok , but dont think i would like to live like that all the while, they said they only travel in the summer, then back to the houses in the winter. So a travelling holiday then lol, like the dogs wonder if they go lamping .??

Yep, there is that little bit of me that like the idea of just moving where you want to, but I would like to do it in a Winnebago thumbs.gif

4.jpg

the programs a repeat and they got done for hare coursing by the way...how stupid can ya get lettin your self and dogs be feckin videod ..

Nice dogs them Ray, i think the fact they openly flouted the laws in the name of there heritage is commendable.

We bow down to pathetic laws far to easy in this country, without fuss.

Mind ye they gotta pay the price for being Martyr's

YIS D