Decent Wellies

I am a big fan of traditional wellies for anything from fishing, lamping, mooching etc. But just recently been doing 8 mile plus walks and they are killing my feet.

Anyone know of any quality wellies that are comfy and durable? And preferably with some sort of lining for the winter months?

I wear boots in summer if it's dry but for 80% of the year I like my wellies.

Cheers

Gaz

Toggies mate...ive got the full zip up version with neoprene lining..had em about 6 years so the soles are starting to wear a bit thin lol...best wellies ive ever had..i,ll deffo be gettin another pair..atb stabba

Toggies mate...ive got the full zip up version with neoprene lining..had em about 6 years so the soles are starting to wear a bit thin lol...best wellies ive ever had..i,ll deffo be gettin another pair..atb stabba

didnt know they did wellies i must have a look i need some...i live in my toggi riding/yard boots and they dead comfy. :thumbs:

for once i must agree with stabba the toggie wellies are the best i have ever owned mine are 7 years old and still going strong

I had a pair of Tay Muck Boots and while I found them very warm and comfortable to walk in, I also found they had poor grip, for a wellie, and wore down quickly, as has been said above.

Thanks for all the replies.

Those who have reccomended muck boots or toggis - have you got any links to the ones you like? There is loads of choice!

Basically I want a welly that will be warm enough for winter, fully waterproof, comfy enough to walk 10 mile in and with a decent enough sole to handle some road walking without wearing away.

Ive heard good things about "lacrosse" but there are hundreds of models so wouldn't know which one to go for?

Apparently these are a walking boot with a welly upper?

Thanks

Gaz

I've heard good things about Altberg boots and I'm thinking that this kind of boot may suit me better than welliea based on the amount of walking I do. Especially considering that some days i do 10 miles of road walking.

Equally I need something to handle the muddy fields and in winter to keep my feet warm and dry in snow.

Do people rate these?

http://www.militarykit.com/product_categories/footwear_altberg_boots.html

Gaz