Decent Wellies

I've heard the toggis and muck boots can suffer from soles wearing very quickly when walking on concrete or Tarmac etc?

I've just been looking at Lowa Hunter GTX. Does anyone rate these as a good all round boot?

Cheers

Gaz

Edited by gareth_daniel

Muck boots are good no doubt...but the soles are fcukin atrocious..only last 2 minutes if you wear them on any hard surface.

never heard that about them but theres that many types and there all suited to different types of wear i think the best type are the esk there designed for agricutural use and have soles to suit like a regular boot,the tay are for just walking in the counrtyside they have bobbly grip on them and i guess if ye do lots of road walking in them they would wear,the derwents aint much cop either ive heard in the muckboot range,i would recommend esk though i am really impressed with them :thumbs:

Muck boots are good no doubt...but the soles are fcukin atrocious..only last 2 minutes if you wear them on any hard surface.

never heard that about them but theres that many types and there all suited to different types of wear i think the best type are the esk there designed for agricutural use

and have soles to suit like a regular boot,the tay are for just walking in the counrtyside they have bobbly grip on them and i guess if ye do lots of road walking in them they would wear,the derwents aint much cop either ive heard in the muckboot range,i would recommend esk though i am really impressed with them :thumbs:

Just looking at the ESK now. Looks like a quality boot for the cash.

The sole looks the best off the bunch too and should handle a good road walk?

Anyone else got the ESK?

Yes! I think a few other people on here have them too as someone on here was selling them about a year or so ago.

Incidentally, I just put "Grubbs stalker" into google and one of the first sites that came up was a thread on a site called bushcraft uk entitled "Grub's Stalker Boots - an alternative to Muck Boots." Apparently they're even lighter than Muck Boots. However, there were a few people on the thread claiming that, after a while, they start to let in water. I must admit that near the end of last winter mine were occasionaly damp inside but I just put it down to me wearing them when it was getting warmer as I normally only wear wellies in Winter. Maybe mine are leaking. :hmm: