Worried farmer on the phone........

I had a call from Foxdropper to say one of his farmers had seen 5 foxes circling a newborn calf,and it was making the cow very agitated,so,come and get them!! I set off for the farm with a bag full of dead chickens from one of my farms(bloody foxes)and we set up a 'Kebab' in the middle of the field,there was myself Foxdropper and his daughters boyfriend RabbitController(a very keen young man).

Kebab.....

IMG_0656-1.jpg

After cutting a chicken up and scattering it around the kebab we went off to a nearby chicken farm for a mosey around for a fox and maybe even a Buck that has been seen lately.As we drove into the far end of the first field there was a cub at the edge of the long grass,so Dropper was down on the bipod and ready as I was loading up,and resting the rifle on the door of the truck,the cub disappeared for a minute only to reappear again,but,I wasn't sure if Dropper had seen it so I beat him to it and dropped number 1.....sorry bud,but you really got to be quicker than that....lol

We then called for a little while longer but to no avail,so we wandered round the farm waiting for it to get dark,and after a fruitless mooch round we came back to the trucks as it was getting dark,and we popped round the corner to another small area for a call,and we walked one field to get to the next where a cub was circling the outskirts of the field,this one was duly called in and sent to heaven...number 2.Although we did get a couple more sets of eyes in the lamp they weren't playing the game,so we decided to get back to the kebab to see what was going on there.We drove into the laneway and as we got to a point where the kebab was in view the front truck stopped and 'FD' dropped to the ground and on his bipod he laid out number 3. Great we agreed,and were just about to drive to the end of the yard to park up when RabbitController who was on the lamp said "Another" down on the bipod again,and here to be honest it does get a bit fuzzy for me,cos I can't remember the order of the shots,but suffice it to say that another 4 were added,and the score was Me x 4 Dropper x 2 and RabbitController x 1(nice shot too,at a good distance).All in all a decent night,but we could of got into double figures if they had all played the game........

End of evening shot(excuse the pun).......

IMG_0657.jpg

One dry Vixen and 6 cubs

Martin

Forgot to tell you Martin ,farmer sends his thanks for a job well done and we are welcome anytime .Wheres the pic of the cub eating the chicken mate?

Sorry mate missed that one out....lol here it is,caught in the act!!

IMG_0654.jpg