whats the most common?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normaly keep about 10ish but have kept up to 15 they are kept in a very big feret court that consists of 2 big sheds with an aviary in between

there is normaly 4 of us that ferret together so we can do the big warrens on the south downs and you need plenty of ferrets to move the bunnies out of them or they keep hole hoping

We only keep this many because we have the room and the need for them they are all worked regulary during the season and have more than enough room to excercise

out of season my advise would be to only keep what you have the room and need for and most importantly can look after properly

I think the most common amount and combo will be two jills.

I have been keeping 4 jills and 2 hobs, but have decided to increase this year to 5 jills and 3 hobs, and next year will add another jill or 2 (i hope), leaving me with 6/7 and 3.

I think 10 ferrets is probably enough if they all are hard grafters, can't imagine needing to tackle a warren that will take more ferrets on my own.

I usually only take about 4 on any one day, and then swop them round in different combos each day (i usually work them 7 days a week) resting any that are looking like they might need it.

Edited by Ideation