Would you donate your rubbish....They say another mans rubbish is another mans profit..

If you knew you had something that was on its way out, almost finished. Would you kindly donate it to someone less fortunate than yourself, with the knowing fact that the item will break at any time. Causing even more upset than they had without it. Or would you be harsh and say, sorry its no good, its going in the bin....

Maybe the reason if you did, would be to see happiness in someones face. Or maybe, to make yourself look good in front of others. Hense, not really giving a shit about the person involved.....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are working on assumptions!!........the bloke that gave her the bench may have had the very best intentions and no idea that the bench was about to break. Most people who give stuff away do so fo

Wouldn't want to give someone something that i knew was damaged or about to break. Maybe if i knew the person and they could fix it up, whatever it was, then yes they could have it.......

I much prefer old tat, much preferable to today's modern rubbish. I'm in my element if i get something old fashioned i can 'do up'

Would you donate your rubbish....They say another mans rubbish is another mans profit..

If you knew you had something that was on its way out, almost finished. Would you kindly donate it to someone less fortunate than yourself, with the knowing fact that the item will break at any time. Causing even more upset than they had without it. Or would you be harsh and say, sorry its no good, its going in the bin....

Maybe the reason if you did, would be to see happiness in someones face. Or maybe, to make yourself look good in front of others. Hense, not really giving a shit about the person involved.....

Wouldn't want to give someone something that i knew was damaged or about to break. Maybe if i knew the person and they could fix it up, whatever it was, then yes they could have it....... :thumbs:

• Like 1

Your point being...........?

Think hes trying to hand his partner out but trying to tell folk she is f****d and guna break but askin if you lot would do the same :laugh:

Probarbly just wondering how many folk actually have morals, or even think about there actions.. Visited an elderly woman yesterday. Aguy from next door but one, who never works and just hangs about, gave her a bench for the garden.. Her elderly male friend and her sat on it. It went through, and she damaged her legs...I just thought it was wrong. And if i had been him, would of felt pretty bad, and gone and bought her a new bench..

Probarbly just wondering how many folk actually have morals, or even think about there actions.. Visited an elderly woman yesterday. Aguy from next door but one, who never works and just hangs about, gave her a bench for the garden.. Her elderly male friend and her sat on it. It went through, and she damaged her legs...I just thought it was wrong. And if i had been him, would of felt pretty bad, and gone and bought her a new bench..

You are working on assumptions!!........the bloke that gave her the bench may have had the very best intentions and no idea that the bench was about to break.

Most people who give stuff away do so for all the right reasons, the fact that it may or may not break dont enter their mind and in most cases they would be ignorant of the potential for it to do so.

Maybe you need the "inward look" for making these type of assumptions and generalisations :yes: ...........maybe you are deep down a malicious prick?......makes you think dont it :laugh:

• Like 6

:thumbs:maybe wilf but the lady in question is about 7st...maybe he should have just checked it first...If i pulled something say out of the cupboard, an electrical tool say. I would at least plug it in and check it was safe and worked before i gave it to someone. It was a question in general, i didnt have to give the reason, you asked. And for some reason i have been the bad one for feeling sorry for the old girl....

Can i ask Wilf, what does the "inward look" mean?

Think hes trying to hand his partner out but trying to tell folk she is f****d and guna break but askin if you lot would do the same :laugh:

you obviously havent seen her, have you, you f*****g dickhead......

It means asking youself why you are assuming that if a person donates something which may break on day one in its new home, that the person who gave it is somehow in the wrong when in fact their intentions were all right.

And, since we are talking about motivations for doing something, you posed the question of "are people doing it to make themselves look good" when folk could assume that you started this thread (conciously or not) for the very same reason, ie, to make yourself look good.

Fascinating how the mind works really, dont you think.

chin chin

maybe it was fine when the lad tried it? thought although it looks abit tattey it still works and it would give more joy and happiness to the old lady? and it just collapsed? its a bit like a light bulb, it works fine and just goes? doubt the lad did it on purpose. :thumbs:

edited to say you also state the guy never works? and that you would buy her a new bench? how would he be able to afford a new bench for her? and i doubt he forced it on her? probably would have offered it to her

maybe it was fine when the lad tried it? thought although it looks abit tattey it still works and it would give more joy and happiness to the old lady? and it just collapsed? its a bit like a light bulb, it works fine and just goes? doubt the lad did it on purpose. :thumbs:

edited to say you also state the guy never works? and that you would buy her a new bench? how would he be able to afford a new bench for her? and i doubt he forced it on her? probably would have offered it to her

good point, and good answer mate... It just looked abit shabby but like you say and most others say, he probarbly didnt know..

Anyway, i have got a bench here, and i am gona take it over for her today. First i will jump on it, lol.

Edited by runforyourlife

Must admit i couldnt give something away that i wasnt hundred % about.....my attitude is if its not good enough for me its not good enough for you.....

good answer gnasher. I think i would feel that way, unless i knew it wouldnt break even tho it looked scabby... :thumbs:

It means asking youself why you are assuming that if a person donates something which may break on day one in its new home, that the person who gave it is somehow in the wrong when in fact their intentions were all right.

And, since we are talking about motivations for doing something, you posed the question of "are people doing it to make themselves look good" when folk could assume that you started this thread (conciously or not) for the very same reason, ie, to make yourself look good.

Fascinating how the mind works really, dont you think.

chin chin

Are you a phycoligist(or what ever)... It was a general question of something i have been thinking about wilf... No problem. And sorry it caused you stress but dont call me a prick... cheers :thumbs:

Edited by runforyourlife