how much graft?

Guest dances

See when you guys say you run on frost, surely you mean light frost? The ground was like iron here for 6 weeks and no way will I believe Anyones dumb or desperate enough to run a dog on it :blink:

• Like 2

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i took mine out once, got a bit cold and wet and we both went home after half hour and had another hot chocolate and sat here keyboard hunting, much safer...

Penis measuring time.

its funny when i struggled to hunt years ago with no motor, trying to get a lift, shite lamp and battery that weighed as much as the dog, i lived for hunting, hated the summer, really looked forward

Posted Images

THL at it's best :laugh: 50 rabbits a night :toast: it's funny how all these big bags turn up in July lol, come January everyone will be saying where's the rabbits??? But come next summer.... :whistling: If I get a dozen chases yes chases a night I'm happy. I've never been a numbers man, don't see the point on permission. Yes poaching but I don't poach rabbits :angel:

Robert M, for big bags or bringing on a pup, you can't beat ferreting :victory:

heres a couple of 50+ rabbit nights for you baw. :thumbs:

tuesday20102009005.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

:notworthy: Nice dog trigger, power to you pal. I'm not saying it's impossible to catch big numbers, the most we(3 dogs) caught in a night was 87. We were trying to get 100 but fell short. That was a one off on a perfect night and we never tried again. It's no secret I know mb and he does more lamping than anyone I know and has more permission than anyone I know lol. He averages 20 to 30 a night. So for anyone to claim 50+ a night REGULAR I find hard to believe.
  • Like 1

BAW LIKE I SAID, TO SOME ONE WHO SAID, [JUST] 40 EVERY WEEK ,,6 WEEK OF FROST, WHICH THE last 2 YEARS HAVE GAVE US, THEN WUD HAVE TO GET 6 TIMES 40 TO PUT IT BACK ON LINE,,,THEN THE MOON SHOWS ITS FACE,,, ITS NOT HAPPENING,THESE 1000 MARKS,,

post-63272-0-79995300-1310808538_thumb.jpg

Edited by robert michem
  • Like 1

The numbers are very impressive. It would be nigh on impossible to do here, there simply arent the rabbits, on my ground anyway. Mine are out on the lamp probably 2-3 nights a week on average, more when the weather is right and less when its frozen or bright. They are out bushing most days though and at least once a week ferreting. If feel mine work hard for not much reward, i would love to see how they'd do on good ground.

THL at it's best :laugh: 50 rabbits a night :toast: it's funny how all these big bags turn up in July lol, come January everyone will be saying where's the rabbits??? But come next summer.... :whistling: If I get a dozen chases yes chases a night I'm happy. I've never been a numbers man, don't see the point on permission. Yes poaching but I don't poach rabbits :angel:

Robert M, for big bags or bringing on a pup, you can't beat ferreting :victory:

heres a couple of 50+ rabbit nights for you baw. :thumbs:

tuesday20102009005.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

some nice pics there trigger,,especialy like the top one with them on there bellys, :thumbs:

The numbers are very impressive. It would be nigh on impossible to do here, there simply arent the rabbits, on my ground anyway. Mine are out on the lamp probably 2-3 nights a week on average, more when the weather is right and less when its frozen or bright. They are out bushing most days though and at least once a week ferreting. If feel mine work hard for not much reward, i would love to see how they'd do on good ground.

the same oppatunities are there for evrybody with car Tyla,, you only have to get in it and drive to a good rabbit spot,,, dont get me wrong if your happy getting a dozen local as i often do,,, then thats fine :thumbs: .... but lads often say on here,"you cant get that many round me",,, no shit!!!,,, get out there and drive :thumbs:

this aint a dig at you Tyla,, just an obsevation about yousing the above statment

i go out maybe once or twice most winter weekends with the ferrets and the little dog. probably do a bit more with the gun this year but she works well with that as well.

I may go out once or twice with the lamp over the months but i prefer ferreting and working with the gun.

i dont know how some of you fit it all in i work during the week, have a family and friends and usually do the odd govy job on the side during the weekend.So my time is limited i would like to do a bit more but even then i wouldnt want to be out five or six times a week i wouldnt get anything else done!! :D

• Like 1

BAW LIKE I SAID, TO SOME ONE WHO SAID, [JUST] 40 EVERY WEEK ,,6 WEEK OF FROST, WHICH THE 2 YEARS HAVE GAVE US, THEN WUD HAVE TO GET 6 TIMES 40 TO PUT IT BACK ON LINE,,,THEN THE MOON SHOWS ITS FACE,,, ITS NOT HAPPENING,THESE 1000 MARKS,,

Exactly RM. Plus the season is getting shorter, you have squeakers in September running into October, the f*****g cover isn't dying back till nearly November. I certainly find it hard to believe unless your a total desperado.

BAW LIKE I SAID, TO SOME ONE WHO SAID, [JUST] 40 EVERY WEEK ,,6 WEEK OF FROST, WHICH THE 2 YEARS HAVE GAVE US, THEN WUD HAVE TO GET 6 TIMES 40 TO PUT IT BACK ON LINE,,,THEN THE MOON SHOWS ITS FACE,,, ITS NOT HAPPENING,THESE 1000 MARKS,,

Exactly RM. Plus the season is getting shorter, you have squeakers in September running into October, the f*****g cover isn't dying back till nearly November. I certainly find it hard to believe unless your a total desperado.

I can't see in the last couple of winters how anyone could've ran their dogs enough to make the sort of numbers being talked, there was thick snow for weeks then sheet ice which seemed to be there for ever, and I live in the almost tropical south westlaugh.gif

Saying that there's some impressive hauls on this thread and fair play to the lads that put in the effort required to do it.thumbs.gif

there was a a lot of dats were the ton was made and some a round the 111 mark, then bags a round the 65 ish,, making an average,,, do not ask me how many time not a clue,,, join moohers you see the full season, on their,,,

fairplay mate thats a good bag. :thumbs:

ive just got back in from a outing with the dog and pup only had 2 tonite but theres always tomorrow night.

You say you have just got back in trigger you posted this at 12.27. It's not dark till 10.30 11.00. Me personally think all these people that say they so 6-7 nights a week are mistaking a WALK with a nights lampin.. I take my dogs for a walk every day but it's not moochin it's just a walk when the season is in I do 2-3 nights a week, my dogs wouldn't be able to do 6-7nights a week but that maybe my fault as most the times when I go lampin the suns up by time I get in.. An it's not the dog it my body that stops me..

Some people are mistaking lamping to a walk IMO..

it was 1.27 for some reason the time on the posts is a hour behind. its now 8.39am but the post time says 7.39am

Even so, dark by 11pm in by 1am. . As ive said nothin more than a walk. Imo. :thumbs:

the same oppatunities are there for evrybody with car Tyla,, you only have to get in it and drive to a good rabbit spot,,, dont get me wrong if your happy getting a dozen local as i often do,,, then thats fine :thumbs: .... but lads often say on here,"you cant get that many round me",,, no shit!!!,,, get out there and drive :thumbs:

this aint a dig at you Tyla,, just an obsevation about yousing the above statment

Tomo - Thats all true, unfortunately real life sometimes gets in the way! I do a fair amount of driving to get to my spots as they are pretty well scattered and even that hurts with the price of fuel. Im also not into poaching anymore, straying slightly is one thing especially if you know the ground but I cant afford the grief of getting caught. Much though i hate to admit it i have to be sensible now.

That said, i have a new pup to start this season and im determined to give her the best chance i can so need to put the rabbits in front of her. I've been searching for new ground over the summer with some success and rested some old spots last season so they should be holding well for this one but none of its spectalular.

You might see a post begging for invites come October lol :whistling:

Edited by Tyla