Can a fox take a dog?

thinking about it maybe, a very small game whippet type and a very large dog fox,ive never heard of it happening though.

true mate, doubht anyone would pipe up to say, jsut thought it wass intresting subjectt

well im piping up, ive got a 17 inch whippet here, some of the foxes around here have bigger backs on em than me, so she would have no chance

The reason I said pipe up was to intise someone to do so. I own a whippet and love him and wudnt ever run him on a fox because I kno he wud get turned over. I wasn't on about a whippeyt being done by a fox more dogs bred for foxing ;) thanks tho mate

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you know shit all about foxing; how do you know how tough some foxes are ?   Cheers.

can a fox kill a dog? i would say yes would they i would say no how many foxes have you seen that will stand there and fight a dog all the ones ive seen would sooner make a run for it if they can. th

Weird topic but really serious question

Have you or anyone lost a dog to A Fox? was just thihking how tough some foxes are, any other accidents with anything with teeth? dont wana put a downer just wud like to here some stuff on it

I kno shit all about foxing and was just wodering, thanks atb paddy

If you know shit all about foxing; how do you know how tough some foxes are ?

Cheers.

Haha new I'd get a funny reply 'just thinking' I wasn't saying I new I was thinkin how tough foxes are? Like asin wondering and this thread wud allow me to learn about how tough they r!!!

I bumped into one of these "dog kills everything all the time" idiots and a couple of his mates a couple of seasons back, I watched them slip 3 dogs onto a dog fox and the dog fox proceeded to give all 3 a right seeing to!! :icon_eek: before finally making its escape.

If it wasnt so f*****g pathetic it would have been hilarious!

Obviously not the most knowledgable but I no dogs can take foxes on there own with ease and some with abit of a hiding doubling makes the task a little more easy I guess, but three and then the fox escaping even with no knowledge of foxing sounds like the dogs r shite and the trainers marte, haha wud of been funny to witness yet v awkward!

Have you or anyone lost a dog to A Fox? was just thihking how tough some foxes are, any other accidents with anything with teeth? dont wana put a downer just wud like to here some stuff on it

If you know shit all about foxing; how do you know how tough some foxes are ?

Cheers.

:wallbash:

can a fox kill a dog? i would say yes would they i would say no how many foxes have you seen that will stand there and fight a dog all the ones ive seen would sooner make a run for it if they can. they are not fighting the dog they are just trying to create an opportunity to getaway.

• Like 1

thinking about it maybe, a very small game whippet type and a very large dog fox,ive never heard of it happening though.

true mate, doubht anyone would pipe up to say, jsut thought it wass intresting subjectt

well im piping up, ive got a 17 inch whippet here, some of the foxes around here have bigger backs on em than me, so she would have no chance

he is asking if a fox could kill a dog not a racing snake :whistling:

can a fox kill a dog? i would say yes would they i would say no how many foxes have you seen that will stand there and fight a dog all the ones ive seen would sooner make a run for it if they can. they are not fighting the dog they are just trying to create an opportunity to getaway.

ahh, so there not to game for the scrap rather leg it!

my old bitch used to kill them for fun.and cats which incedentally put a better fight than reynard ever did.god i miss that old girl :cry: .oh well she was 16 when i finally took the decision it was time to call it a day with her.

I know of two specific cases of yorkshire terriers being attacked by foxes both had to be put down due to the extent of their injuries one of them got chased from the garden into the kitchen and the fox worried it while its owner watched in horror from her wheelchair the other one was lifted by a fox while lieing sleeping in the back garden two women were hanging out washing at the time and chased the fox with clothes poles and it dropped the dog wich had to be put to sleep the first one was in the Mearns the second one was a couple doors up from Lord WATSON

in cathcart.

A fox could certainly kill a small lap dog type, no way would it kill a lurcher, seen whippets struggle when mixing it with one, but a fox is too clever to risk a potentialy life threatening injury when it has the option of escape. When cornered ive seen them give a good account of themselves, one little trick that always made me wonder is when they roll over spraying piss all over, presume its trying to temporarily blind the dog, can any of you foxing guys explain that one. :thumbs:

What's your thinking? Now it's illegal to hunt foxes with dogs are you considering hunting dogs with a pack of foxes?! :whistling:

Edited by Mooch.

If you asked this question on the terrier section, Im sure there's some on there who know of dogs been killed by a fox below ground. I've personally never witnessed it, but I've heard about it happening from some of the older terriermen, people who I consider to be genuine and not prone to exaggerating.

A fox could certainly kill a small lap dog type, no way would it kill a lurcher, seen whippets struggle when mixing it with one, but a fox is too clever to risk a potentialy life threatening injury when it has the option of escape. When cornered ive seen them give a good account of themselves, one little trick that always made me wonder is when they roll over spraying piss all over, presume its trying to temporarily blind the dog, can any of you foxing guys explain that one. :thumbs:

:toast: :toast: