water we going to do about this,lol

Anyone on here dissatisfied with the performance of the water bottles hanging on the cage fronts,I was watching the ferrets last year and they were chewing the nozzle of the bottle trying to get more water from them.I puta bowl of water in the cages and they drank from them for a long time which told me they were very thirsty even though they had 2 bottles on each cage.I have purchased a nozzle exactly the same as the ferret bottles but twice as big and twice as wide.Any bottle will fit into this,from a 2 litre coke bottle to an orange juice bottle(the type you buy in the supermarket)Anybody got better systems?What about poultry drinkers?If its very warm in the summer the ferrets could be in trouble from dehydrating.I'm not too confident with the bunny bottles and am always looking for better ideas,whats your take on this problem?

many years ago I had a pet shop, my cages were all connected with tubes that ran to a 10 gall water butt, at the tube end was a system simular to the bunny bottles but once the bearing was pushed in, water flow'd freely rather than the way bunny bottles have to be motivated with the ferrets tongue, think they use this type of system in chicken sheds

2 of mine have a 1.4 litre bunny bottle (says on the side it's suitable for puppies?!?!). i tried them with a bowl, but one would stick his head right under the water, and drink like that, then tip the bowl over. i got pissed off wth constantly (i mean almost hourly) having to refill it!

my 2 girls have a smaller bottle, no problems with it, they'll empty it every 2 days, so i just top it up every night when i feed them. my other 2 have a hefty Mason & Cash bowl, and have never tried to tip it over. odd little things, aren't they?