laguna whippets

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all you are doing is showing your ignorance, how little you know about what is and what isnt when it comes to whippets, breeding, and history, if you know him so well nip up the road, and get the name

I know mate, the lack or 'emoticons' is creating problems. If i could use them i'd have stuck a grinning face and a thumbs up on the end of that last post and you'd have known i was pulling your leg b

MB doesnt carry the laguna prefix, do any of the dogs pictured or mentioned in this thread actualy have the laguna prefix at the start of there kennel name..'I seriously doubt it'If you want a laguna

Posted Images

ps i have had 2 off mick, sooty sam x rabbit runner and sooty sam x sally honey, i owned them both before the ban, both were

good on all quarry :thumbs: , and both did pretty good within the whippet coursing clubs.

ps i have had 2 off mick, sooty sam x rabbit runner and sooty sam x sally honey, i owned them both before the ban, both were

good on all quarry :thumbs: , and both did pretty good within the whippet coursing clubs.

How did you find them for injuries ect?

i found them ok, for example the work they did ranged from hare coursing on the fens, and norfolk, to lamping rabbits, around british steel and ICI around redcar teesside, and warranby to the south gare, anyone on here who knows these places will tell you there is nowhere rougher to run a dog, any dog, but it lifts with rabbits, anyway long story short, whilst running them on this area the dog, never got injured, nothing to talk about anyway, but on one occasion the bitch tore her skin down her flank badly, and on one other occassion she damaged her back leg so severley that even after proper veterinary treatment rest and recuperation, i could see it was not fair to keep running on those hares down holbeach, i tried to bring her on slowly, but she was never going to be 100%, she now has a good pet/rabbiting home up in north west scotland, :thumbs:

i found them ok, for example the work they did ranged from hare coursing on the fens, and norfolk, to lamping rabbits, around british steel and ICI around redcar teesside, and warranby to the south gare, anyone on here who knows these places will tell you there is nowhere rougher to run a dog, any dog, but it lifts with rabbits, anyway long story short, whilst running them on this area the dog, never got injured, nothing to talk about anyway, but on one occasion the bitch tore her skin down her flank badly, and on one other occassion she damaged her back leg so severley that even after proper veterinary treatment rest and recuperation, i could see it was not fair to keep running on those hares down holbeach, i tried to bring her on slowly, but she was never going to be 100%, she now has a good pet/rabbiting home up in north west scotland, :thumbs:

Thanks Cocker. :thumbs:

Your pups are crackers by the way, good luck with them. :thumbs:

MB doesnt carry the laguna prefix, do any of the dogs pictured or mentioned in this thread actualy have the laguna prefix at the start of there kennel name..'I seriously doubt it'If you want a laguna bred whippet you need to go to the lady that actualy breeds them not the hawkers riding on the back of her good name.. ;)

Aye mate i guess your right and all them whippets from MB etc are just pure shit and don't graft? Whereas all the whippets you see running about from her kennels are top workers?

It's about the dogs, not the people. If it does the work it's supposed to and does it well, who gives a f**k who bred it??? Or what it's KC name prefix is?

It's an old debate and it's boring, cos i've yet to see anyone hold up a whippet from mb and say it was a piece of shit.

They only ever seem to chat on about the bloke.

i have been coursing with her a few times and the proper lagunas were in a league of there own globally, lyla and dorrit have done more, and won more in the field, with there whippets than anyone else, this thread was about LAGUNA WHIPPETS, mick browns are not laguna,s fact. end of

hahahaha! for a while there I was thinking mb was Mark Brick :blink::blink::blink:

MB doesnt carry the laguna prefix, do any of the dogs pictured or mentioned in this thread actualy have the laguna prefix at the start of there kennel name..'I seriously doubt it'If you want a laguna bred whippet you need to go to the lady that actualy breeds them not the hawkers riding on the back of her good name.. ;)

Aye mate i guess your right and all them whippets from MB etc are just pure shit and don't graft? Whereas all the whippets you see running about from her kennels are top workers?

It's about the dogs, not the people. If it does the work it's supposed to and does it well, who gives a f**k who bred it??? Or what it's KC name prefix is?

It's an old debate and it's boring, cos i've yet to see anyone hold up a whippet from mb and say it was a piece of shit.

i have been coursing with her a few times and the proper lagunas were in a league of there own globally, lyla and dorrit have done more, and won more in the field, with there whippets than anyone else, this thread was about LAGUNA WHIPPETS, mick browns are not laguna,s fact. end of

Fairplay mate, that is a very good reply.

As you said, how many folk have those dogs?

All i know is looking at the peds of the dogs i've seen there is a fair bit of laguna blood in them.

For the record Mike has not (at least to me) claimed to be breeding Laguna whippets, just working whippets, that have laguna blood, amongst other lines, put together to produce hardy working dogs.

And the dogs speak for themselves.

Although i would love to try a proper laguna whippet.

Cheers for replying mate.

yis

Jai.

i have only ever met two people who had laguna whippets, the first one was a bloke i met down holbeach hurn, lincs, he had a red laguna whippet, an adult, which he had bought off lyla as a pup, he gave it to me and another lad i was with, to deliver it to mick brown, which we did, i think mick was keeping it for breeding,

the other lad was a keeper up castle douglas scotland who had 2 laguna whippets off lyla,

Is Lyla, still breeding and working the laguna whippets?

she will still have them, but i doubt she will be working them, just showing judging and a bit of racing (venture hill sprint)she,s called lilah wainman now as she remarried,

I meant what i said mate and nothing more..

i have only ever met two people who had laguna whippets, the first one was a bloke i met down holbeach hurn, lincs, he had a red laguna whippet, an adult, which he had bought off lyla as a pup, he gave it to me and another lad i was with, to deliver it to mick brown, which we did, i think mick was keeping it for breeding,

the other lad was a keeper up castle douglas scotland who had 2 laguna whippets off lyla,

Cheers for the reply matey.