lamping on a budget !

Hi there,

I need a lamping kit thats not over £120 but thats gona last me all night.

My mate told me to get this one and just paint it black or something.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/rechargeable-hand-lamp

at the minuet i use a spot light that i plug into a portable power pack for the car that i carry in a back pack but its realy heavy and clumsy and the lights not mine. I realy need one thats gona last at least 4 or 5 hours but is still light enough to move freely ect.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Beastie

Edited by jasper65
WRONG SECTION! MOVED TO CORRECT SECTION

If you are shooting, with an air rifle, just get one of those led lenser style torches, will light up to as far as your gonna shoot and obviously pick up rabbits much further, you'll get one for under 50 second hand.

You can get an ultrafire 501 led torch from the dealextreme website for less than a tenner delivered, i've got 2, both putting out 300 lumens, one with a white, one with a red led ! You can't go wrong for the money ! They do take 2-3 weeks to arrive but it's worth the wait !! I got a good set of rechargeable batteries for them and they last several trips between charges !! :thumbs:

If you are shooting, with an air rifle, just get one of those led lenser style torches, will light up to as far as your gonna shoot and obviously pick up rabbits much further, you'll get one for under 50 second hand.

thats what i did, you can get a p7 here and a realy solid mount here its a great set up and lasts hours, i forgot to turn mine off one night and it was still really brite at dinner time the next day.

I have an Active 120 Lumen Cree LED torch from Tesco, takes 2 AA batteries, has a dimmer function (down to 10% of total output), a focusable beam, works and cost £25! Every little helps LOL! The advantage about getting it from Tesco's is that if there is ever a problem (should not be, metal bodied, water proof) it is easy to take it back, fleabay sellers could be located anywhere, absoultely anywhere...

I have used it on several occasions and found the beam to be more than powerful enough, battery life 7 hours or so at full power, but unless you are lamping blind bunnies you will be using about 40% power!

Edited by secretagentmole

deben gl2/gl4,around £50/£70 good range and batteries last 5 hours or more,and flip up filters can be bought for them(if buy white,they come in red and green also),scope mounted and momentary thumb switch,good for lamping rabbit at air rifle range... :yes:

Deben tracer max pro with a red filter is mint bunny bashing - they don't get spooked at all for me.

heres a funny little story, we were once out lamping (with this lamp) absolutely hammering the wabbits and i spotted one munching away about 25m away after having shot 3 in consecutive order about 5-10m away from him so i took aim and missed but not to worry he didn't notice so re-cocked and shot again, dam it no pellet left in mag, so i took all the time in the world to put my gun down, take out my spare mag, reload,re-cock,took aim and thwack silly bugger didn't know a thing.

anyway here the link £120

http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/639/103258/tracer-max-gun-lamp-kit-with-new-lightweight-lithium-polymer-battery-gl2924lp/

have got both red and white £10 china ones and ok but not as good as this

white is toooo bright & red is bit dim but good for backup

atb

scott