With just two weeks to go now until the Ballinlough Castle Country Fair, we are all hoping for great weather and another great show. We have been working hard over the last year to bring further new attractions to the show and trust that you will enjoy and participate in as many aspects of this growing two day event as possible. Although only coming in to its third year, this show is already generating significant interest from all across Ireland and this can be seen in the new additions to the show this year. But first to some old favourites.

LURCHERS, TERRIERS & WHIPPETS

Sunday 17th July promises to bring yet another great Lurcher, Terrier & Whippet event to the Ballinlough Fair. Our team has brought together some great classes for you to enter and in addition to the excellent prize structure you have come to expect from our shows, the winners will also qualify for the Champion of Champions Show at the Midland Game Fair in Shropshire in September.

Entries can be had on the day and remember that car parking is ringside for this event at Ballinlough Castle.

The three Best in Show dogs and the three reserve Best in Show dogs in the terrier, lurcher and whippet sections will be invited to take part in the All-Ireland Working Dog Final at Ballinlough Castle where they will be judged against the top qualifying dogs from the National Countrysports Fair held earlier this year.

CLAY PIGEON SHOOTING

This year we have decided to offer a different challenge in the form of Compact Sporting. This discipline is shot from a number of different stands, each giving a variation of targets. With both classified and unclassified sections to choose from as well as a ladies section and excellent prize funds, this is sure to bring out the competitive spirit in any clay pigeon shooter. There will also be a pool trap running with 1/3 of the entry being returned in prize money. The clay pigeon shooting will be running on both days of the fair.

WIN FREE TICKETS COMPETITION ON FACEBOOK

We are now entering week 3 of our competitions to win tickets to the Fair. So why not visit our Facebook Page, hit the ‘LIKE’ button and keep an eye out for competition details.

http://www.(!64.56:886/#!/pages/Ballinlough-Castle-Country-Fair/150858194935971

OTHER NEW ATTRACTIONS AT BALLINLOUGH FAIR THIS YEAR

In addition to the old favourites, we a very excited about some of the new attractions at the show this year.

Hunt Chase – Sunday 17th July (Qualifier for the Royal Dublin Horse Show at the RDS)

Ferret Racing & Ferret Showing – Both Days

Poultry Demonstration and Sale – Both Days

Pet Show (by The Last Hope Animal Charity) – Both Days

Gundog Snooker Demonstration – Both Days

Complementing all this will be Gundog World, Fly Casting, Falconry, Archery, Traditional Crafts Demonstrations, Childrens Area, Vintage Display, Threshing Display, Two Arena’s (packed full of entertaining demonstrations for the whole family), Farmers Market and Artisan Foods Village, Crafts Village and a large selection of outside stands. With all this and more you really will be in for a great weekend of value-for-money entertainment.

Adults €15

Children FREE (if accompanied by an adult)

Car Parking FREE

Other show information can be found at: http://www.nationalcountryfair.ie/

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Graham think you are missing the point, no disrespect to the judges, but if you want to attract dog men to a show you have to demonstrate that you are willing to bring on board reputable judges, fact,

I HAPPEN TO WORK MY DOGS ALL WINTER EVERY WINTER TOASTY SO YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW ME. JUDGES ARE HARD TO GET THESE DAYS AND ITS NOT SURPRISING WITH ALL THE BAD MOUTHING THAT GOES ON. MAYBE YOU CO

First of all allow me to state my intent; I have no great desire to attend any meeting regarding the Ballinlough Game fair, period. The complaints regarding the show should act as a guideline for you

Posted Images

With just two weeks to go now until the Ballinlough Castle Country Fair, we are all hoping for great weather and another great show. We have been working hard over the last year to bring further new attractions to the show and trust that you will enjoy and participate in as many aspects of this growing two day event as possible. Although only coming in to its third year, this show is already generating significant interest from all across Ireland and this can be seen in the new additions to the show this year. But first to some old favourites.

LURCHERS, TERRIERS & WHIPPETS

Sunday 17th July promises to bring yet another great Lurcher, Terrier & Whippet event to the Ballinlough Fair. Our team has brought together some great classes for you to enter and in addition to the excellent prize structure you have come to expect from our shows, the winners will also qualify for the Champion of Champions Show at the Midland Game Fair in Shropshire in September.

Entries can be had on the day and remember that car parking is ringside for this event at Ballinlough Castle.

The three Best in Show dogs and the three reserve Best in Show dogs in the terrier, lurcher and whippet sections will be invited to take part in the All-Ireland Working Dog Final at Ballinlough Castle where they will be judged against the top qualifying dogs from the National Countrysports Fair held earlier this year.

CLAY PIGEON SHOOTING

This year we have decided to offer a different challenge in the form of Compact Sporting. This discipline is shot from a number of different stands, each giving a variation of targets. With both classified and unclassified sections to choose from as well as a ladies section and excellent prize funds, this is sure to bring out the competitive spirit in any clay pigeon shooter. There will also be a pool trap running with 1/3 of the entry being returned in prize money. The clay pigeon shooting will be running on both days of the fair.

WIN FREE TICKETS COMPETITION ON FACEBOOK

We are now entering week 3 of our competitions to win tickets to the Fair. So why not visit our Facebook Page, hit the ‘LIKE’ button and keep an eye out for competition details.

http://www.(!64.56:886/#!/pages/Ballinlough-Castle-Country-Fair/150858194935971

OTHER NEW ATTRACTIONS AT BALLINLOUGH FAIR THIS YEAR

In addition to the old favourites, we a very excited about some of the new attractions at the show this year.

Hunt Chase – Sunday 17th July (Qualifier for the Royal Dublin Horse Show at the RDS)

Ferret Racing & Ferret Showing – Both Days

Poultry Demonstration and Sale – Both Days

Pet Show (by The Last Hope Animal Charity) – Both Days

Gundog Snooker Demonstration – Both Days

Complementing all this will be Gundog World, Fly Casting, Falconry, Archery, Traditional Crafts Demonstrations, Childrens Area, Vintage Display, Threshing Display, Two Arena’s (packed full of entertaining demonstrations for the whole family), Farmers Market and Artisan Foods Village, Crafts Village and a large selection of outside stands. With all this and more you really will be in for a great weekend of value-for-money entertainment.

Adults €15

Children FREE (if accompanied by an adult)

Car Parking FREE

Other show information can be found at: http://www.nationalcountryfair.ie/

To answer a couple of queries, there will be dog agility on both days of the fair in their own dedicated arena and also we are having both ferret racing and showing.

FREE programmes will be available on entry to the fair, showing the various arena and display times as well as site map.

LOL, lads a bad game fair even takes a couple of hours to walk around. How long would 15 euro last in a pub??

Each to his own I suppose.

Not talking about the pub neil,two completely different things.

LOL, lads a bad game fair even takes a couple of hours to walk around. How long would 15 euro last in a pub??

Not talking about the pub neil,two completely different things.

ye looking forward to terrier show,anyone looking terrier boxes will have them wit me on the sunday cheers

neil if you want to go to good game fair.the one in westmeathis on 5 euro,seen ya there last year.as for the pub i wouldnt know what your talking about.you can get in to croke park if ya want to go down that route for 20 euro.sarcasm doesnt suit ya.nothing good to say keep it shut.

Edited by micheal rennicks
Guest dee mac

tell you this neil some of the boyo s i drink with 15 euro do them a long time and they are still the drunkest men in the place come closing time everytime a pint is quarter full they disappear too toilets or for a smoke you d nearly think they were from cavan :laugh::laugh::laugh: ps a friend of mine once said drink is never dear when you need it :laugh::laugh:

15 to much mate wont see ya there.

Michael that is your choice. We believe that €15 is value for money considering all the competitions, demonstrations, attractions and stands that will be at the show. Our price is also in line with most other large events with one exception, we do not charge for children as long as they are accompanied by an adult.