• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Graham think you are missing the point, no disrespect to the judges, but if you want to attract dog men to a show you have to demonstrate that you are willing to bring on board reputable judges, fact,

I HAPPEN TO WORK MY DOGS ALL WINTER EVERY WINTER TOASTY SO YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW ME. JUDGES ARE HARD TO GET THESE DAYS AND ITS NOT SURPRISING WITH ALL THE BAD MOUTHING THAT GOES ON. MAYBE YOU CO

First of all allow me to state my intent; I have no great desire to attend any meeting regarding the Ballinlough Game fair, period. The complaints regarding the show should act as a guideline for you

Posted Images

Couldn't be there to race / show the whippets today but have heard that the whippet racing was won by Davy Boyd's 'Hooch' :toast: and the Whippet Show winner was John Shaw with his young blue dog which I think is called 'Blue' :toast: ...... with John & Margaret McStays 'Silver' taking reserve best whippet. :thumbs: Well done all!!!

Haven't heard any terrier or lurcher results from Ballinlough yet! :hmm:

its not that £15 euro would break the bank but its the principle, its a rip off, drove to this show myself last year enjoyed the day but the extra fiver is a rip off and on that principle I wont be going chatted to a right few of my mates and they said the same.

What extra fiver? This show was €15 last year and this year we have a lot more new attractions in addition to what was there last year. Therefore we are bringing even more value for money. For families we have children going FREE. There are also a number of children and animal charities being supported? Either we care enough about country sports to put a little bit of revenue their way or we don't. I know which boat we are on!

Was at the show today pay my money in and what a waste of 15 euro there was nothing at it it was half the size of last year there where no new attractions as you said there would be thats the last time i be going to either of the shows that you run .

Couldn't be there to race / show the whippets today but have heard that the whippet racing was won by Davy Boyd's 'Hooch' :toast: and the Whippet Show winner was John Shaw with his young blue dog which I think is called 'Blue' :toast: ...... with John & Margaret McStays 'Silver' taking reserve best whippet. :thumbs: Well done all!!!

Haven't heard any terrier or lurcher results from Ballinlough yet! :hmm:

i know that kevin em won a pretty silver plate for his red terrier :tongue2:

Was at the show today pay my money in and what a waste of 15 euro there was nothing at it it was half the size of last year there where no new attractions as you said there would be thats the last time i be going to either of the shows that you run .

WELL SAID MATE :thumbs: WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME THE SHOWS THAT THESE BOYS RUN ARE WELL KNOWN TO BE A WASTE OF TIME LIKE THE TWO JUDGES THAT JUDGED AT MOIRA WERE A JOKE AND AN INSULT TO WORKING DOGS IT JUST SEEMS TO BE THAT WITH THIS CLUB ITS JUST SHOWS SHOWS AND MORE SHOWS HOW ABOUT SOME WORK IN WINTER TIME WITH DOGS LADS AND GIVE THE SHOWS A BYE BALL PROPER WORKING DOG MEN ARE NOT INTERESTED IN SHOWS TO BE HONEST JMHO

i have to say for a game fair it was the worst turn out of terriers ive ever seen and as usual the terriers and lurchers were kept well out of the way and hidden from the main show if the organizers dont do somethin to improve the terrier and lurcher show and get proper judges it will be a poor turn out next year

i was there payed 30 euro for me and wife to get in cost me another 15euro for 2 burgers and chips 6 euro for icecream for my kids another 5 euro for 3 long jellys for the kids the trade stands were very poor and a ripoff and i only went for the terrier lurchers and a day out for the kids so 56 euro and 20 euro on petrol im sorry but i wont be there next year

I heard lads were going to turn away yesterday from the entrance because of the entry fee and they decided to let them in for 10euro.I only live 2 mile from it and would not go went fishing instead.I remember the year nuttal judged it,was'nt a bad do then but last few year were rubbish,complete rip off,roll on the westmeath hunt show next sunday.

I have to whole heartily agree with the sentiments of the previous contributors regards the show, complete and utter waste of time.

The entrance fee did not reflect the value for money that was expected from the show, the lack of quality judges was evident for all to see, mind you the terrier judge was some what fair in his approach, the lurcher judging was a farce, my blood was boiling when the over all winner was announced, talk about keeping it close to home, but then again when you have judges who allegedly judge their own dog what do you expect.

The show should be renamed to Ballinbollix, because that’s what the show was, a load of bollix, rant over, will never attend again.

I have to whole heartily agree with the sentiments of the previous contributors regards the show, complete and utter waste of time.

The entrance fee did not reflect the value for money that was expected from the show, the lack of quality judges was evident for all to see, mind you the terrier judge was some what fair in his approach, the lurcher judging was a farce, my blood was boiling when the over all winner was announced, talk about keeping it close to home, but then again when you have judges who allegedly judge their own dog what do you expect.

The show should be renamed to Ballinbollix, because that’s what the show was, a load of bollix, rant over, will never attend again.

haha ballinbollix very good

didnt get around to terrier and lurchers as i was other end of the fair lending a hand to some lads, if it was as bad as ye say im glad i didnt bother... did a bit of shopping but all the stalls seemed very dear so i didnt buy much, one food stall was terrible, they were selling "hot" pies (that were soggy and lukewarm) quiches (a mate bought, took one bite and threw it in the bin because it tasted disgusting) and they had the front to charge 6euro for this nasty food :sick: