Bored of it all

BORED, Alot of lads can only dream of airgun hunting Ive offered cash and cant find permission thats rural Shropshire. Make the most of what you have.

It's a numbers game mate.... Keep trying!!

Me n wor kid travel about an hour to our furthest one, try looking further afield if travel allows

Darryl

I know where you are coming from, my shooting went sort of the same way, I was bored not with the lack of "vermin to control", for me it was the equipment I was using! all the money that has gone on my shooting over the past 32 years would have paid for my house. I had to have all the best guns, scopes, clothing ect ect. For me the best thing I did was sell the lot and I started over again with the basic kit. You see I got stuck in a rut I would spend more time findind what seemed to me to be better equipment and trying it out and tuning this and tuning that, all the fun had gone out of my shooting. Now I hunt with a good old springer and basic kit. It has worked for me but then each to the own as they say.

All the best.

theairgunhunter.

• Like 1

The last few weeks ive found myself being bored while out shooting, this has never happened before, ive always been happiest sat at one of my permissions with my rifle, watching all the wildlife and seeing things you only get to see when cammo'd up and keeping still, But it seems to have lost abit of its appeal, so if anybody is interested in my rifle,scope,bipod etc etc give me a p.m or look out for it all in the for sale section, ill no doubt end up having to buy all new gear when i start missing it in a few months

Atb peter

Like others have said - don't sell your gear, store it away until you feel the bug coming back. I had exactly the same experience, I lost interest a few years ago and left my rifles at the farm, went through college, met my missus etc etc, then one day I bought Airgun Shooter from WHSmiths and here we are again! Still glad I kept hold of my rifles and now I've added another to my collection!

If you really feel the need to shed your equipment I'll be more than happy to 'look after' the Air Ranger?! You can have it back when you start to get the bug again.. honestly!

you been shooting a long time from what i gather from your previous posts! just oil your kit up and hang on to it or you will be replacing it sooner or later. the only trouble will be if you lose your permissions from not showing up. the only thing that bores the shit out of me about shooting is the gutting and skinning and my missis moaning about the mess after. but i fish do a bit of carving and have an allotment as hobbys to so shooting is a treat to me :thumbs:

I did the same as your talikng about I went from running a shoot owning sgc rifle air rifle the lot i sold everything and didnt renew tickets just lost interest that was about three years ago kept my dogs mind and still worked them wish i never got rid of the guns but i didnt stop all together just worked dogs instead just got air rifle bsa r10 but not going to re apply for tickets if i get the urge to go stalking i just hire estate rifle and book a days stalking Dont Get rid just put away and take up a diffrent field sport atb

Hello lads...........Thanks for all of your replies, i dont want anybody thinking im only after attention or anything, and i do understand that some people arent lucky enough to have the amount of permissions that i have, in no way am i ungrateful, and i assure those people struggling for permissions that i do know how lucky i am, and when possible i have shared my permissions with those less fortunate, take my shooting buddy smoggyadam for instance, he had never shot outside of his back garden until we met on here, i gave him trips out and now were fortunate to have 2 shared permissions that we achieved together, Its nice to know that people would miss my little contributions to the forum, i do try to help if i can, ive been in this game since i was 6 years old which works out at nearly 20 years, Ill always have a passion for the outdoors and hunting, its where im meant to be, and is all i know. In regards to my kit, ill keep hold of it so i can still attend the August meet, and while were there, if anybody likes it then i would consider selling and or swapping, so im still left with a rifle for if/when i decide my future in Air rifle hunting, 99% of you lads on here are a pleasure to talk to, and everybody learns from each other, for that i say a big thanks :thumbs:

To buster,Davyt, gary and darryl thanks for the P.M's and talks on facebook, appreciate it boys :thumbs:

ill still pop in time to time to check on how you boys are getting on and to read all your posts :thumbs:

Atb peter........................bowing out.

Edited by millsy44

i dont beleve it. . . .

If you got a couple of years porridge just say, i for one wont think any less of you lol

take it easy millsy.

.atb. .ste.

I think he spends enough time in the clink mate..... He's an OSG lol

Darryl

The last few weeks ive found myself being bored while out shooting, this has never happened before, ive always been happiest sat at one of my permissions with my rifle, watching all the wildlife and seeing things you only get to see when cammo'd up and keeping still, But it seems to have lost abit of its appeal, so if anybody is interested in my rifle,scope,bipod etc etc give me a p.m or look out for it all in the for sale section, ill no doubt end up having to buy all new gear when i start missing it in a few months

Atb peter

Done it many times Milsey and realised afer I made a mistake. I'm pretty bored with it all at the moment and fancy going out and doing some fishing for a while, the gun will go in the Cuboard and sit there until I get the urge again.

I have a Beretta Silver Pigeon sitting in the Gun cabinet too, its not been out for a good shooting session for a couple of years now but I won't get rid as I know I'll regret it later :thumbs:.

Jasp