Looking to buy new air rifle mainly for vermin control (rabbit/crow). Don't want to commit to a pre-charge with associated costs just yet, but am considering a Stoeger X20. Also looked at SMK range, but their customer relations is worse than useless when asking for advice.

Can you professionals out there give me some guidance on the Stoeger or another suitable high-power rifle at reasonable cost. Thanks.

Looking to buy new air rifle mainly for vermin control (rabbit/crow). Don't want to commit to a pre-charge with associated costs just yet, but am considering a Stoeger X20. Also looked at SMK range, but their customer relations is worse than useless when asking for advice.

Can you professionals out there give me some guidance on the Stoeger or another suitable high-power rifle at reasonable cost. Thanks.

You get what you pay for these Day's

Aware of a Good number of SMK Users in General they seem to get on Well with their Rifles

And most are a close to UK Sub 12FP Limit as safe

Does depend on What pellets used

No Location - Check out Local Air Gun Clubs - most have for Sale Tables

Where Members move on unused Guns - Often @ good prices as they update

All UK Sold gun's have Warrenty - down to Dealer how good a Service you Get

Safe Shooting

BOB/R

I sell a lot of smk air rifles and the best sellers are in the 208 range for hunting .

All have a well made action and come in 4 stock types and are rated at 11.7flbs

check out Julys airgun shooter mag for a complete unbiased review on the 208 range .

agreed about SMK. For a while we had a problem with vermin at home and turned to a Weihrauch hw95k for help and this was superb. Your best bet in my opinion is an HW; they're a bit weighty but they are seriously good quality, so don't be afraid of looking at second hand ones! I think it's worth the money getting a piece of kit that will be totally reliable and would have a bit more resale value if you a) decide you don't need it any more or B) want to move into the world of PCPs!

lots of virtually brand new used rifles out there :thumbs: plenty of people enjoy buying shiny new rifles more than using them. :blink: have them weeks or months and flog em on slips scopes pellets an all. and these hw s seem to last for ever according to a lot of fellas on here.

• 2 weeks later...

as has been said tx200 or hw iv got hw97kt and hw90 both mint guns olso bsa xl and bsa scorpion pcp and all way,s pick up one of the hw,s or the xl, scorpion is left in the gun cab.

Edited by bigmac 97kt
  • Like 1

If your after a good easy user, get yourself a bsa xl tactical, light weight, easy to handle & fun to use, if your after something with more weight - build quality - either a hw80 - hw97 or a tx200, everyone has there own prefrence, it's just down to what you want out of an airgun, If I was you, I would stay clear of the smk etc, allways buy something that you can re-sell if you wish to upgrade at a later date, buy something second hand of quality, rather than wasting good money on tat, hope this helps you a bit.

Regards Viz