how many digs?

im not wanting to row lads.i just didnt think people got these numbers.bogger i mean you as an individual on average.good result scent.so whats an average number of digs for an experienced terrier.i know it depends on the terrier im just wanting an idea thanks :thumbs:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You seem like a total prick at best.   2 doubles in 9 years? F*ck off and leave Ireland out of your bullshit.

Goldfinch,why would we want to lie,we would not be fooling anyone only ourselves at the end of the day.As for deadlock,2 doubles in 9 years of diging,not a very good cv is it.When he is at it as long

i`ll take this thread with a pinch of salt was your first comment on here then you keep posting have you any other interest in it than trying to stir shit ... just say what you mean instead of going

Goldfinch last season we had 93 digs. Some were young dogs just starting so they only got a few digs each. With the older dogs getting a few more, than ten digs but 10 is about the average alright

We've ten entered and are fetching pups on every year this year we have four to start and eight pups on the floor at the moment some dogs get more digging than others due to work style

Edited by hunt

Saying that though mate if we had a made terrier that had worked in the morning we may tip him in again in the afternoon no matter how it's working style a Bayer is useful but on educated stuff if it isn't putting t he pressure on you'll struggle with stuff digging on or the terrier unable to stop end I've seen it time an time again just about to break through an move.while a Bayer will get a lot of gear I personally like a dog with that extra gear these can make a bad spot look easy

Guest dee mac

Saying that though mate if we had a made terrier that had worked in the morning we may tip him in again in the afternoon no matter how it's working style a Bayer is useful but on educated stuff if it isn't putting t he pressure on you'll struggle with stuff digging on or the terrier unable to stop end I've seen it time an time again just about to break through an move.while a Bayer will get a lot of gear I personally like a dog with that extra gear these can make a bad spot look easy

:thumbs:

Hundreds seem abit hard to believe, but me and my digging buddy had close to 50 foxes " dug " last year between 3 terriers! Now if your counting foxes bolted then I'd bring the number close to 70, I know this seems hard to believe but it's the truth!!!

If your season is six months long then thats 26 weekends. If your getting 2 to 3 digs a weekend then that's roughly 50 to 80 digs a season.

That should be within most folks capabilities.

However, a hunt terriermans season is 7 months long and if his pack is out twice a week then he should be working his terriers 4 days a week.

Some packs do 3 days and there's one in Ireland that does 4.

That's a lot of terrier work.

IMO there's lads not digging 40 a season who's terriers are better than most. With them it's quality over quantity.

• Like 1

Agree with neil here . 26 weekends in the season plus throw in an extra few days round the christmass holidays. 3 digs a week is normal for us so the tally dosent be long adding up. Bolts don't count. 100 digs isn't that hard to get when ya have enough ground and dogs to work