• 3'
    • 4'
    • other
  2. 2. material preferred?

• twisted (4z,6z, etc..) nylon
    • hemp
    • spun nylon/polyester
    • braided nylon

which is YOUR preference as regards to size & material?

a variety his always better to take when you going ferreting ,especialy if you going on new ground,has for material, nylon works well on flat ground for me, and hemp for working on bankings etc has they easier to untangle :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

Hey Salter do the pheasants live in burrows up your way mate......Nice bag :D

which is YOUR preference as regards to size & material?

I have always used hemp or braided cotton for rabbit nets, in 3 foot size for thick cover. Four foot nets don't purse up very well in the thick stuff and some of us don't have endless open buries to ferret :no:

I have used heavy hemp or more recently spun nylon for fox nets, in 5 and 6 foot size.

OTC

4 1/2 ft spun nylon/polyester there the biss i tell thee :D

In the thick cover I work then I would lose more than I caught with such big nets as they would not purse up properly in the tight spots. In open buries or grazed hedge bottoms I am sure they work well but I do not have such privileges unfortunately.

Horses for courses!

OTC

WELL MR REYNOLDS ,

I AGREE !!!

4 1/2 FOOT SPUN NYLON ....... THOUGH I DONT MIND THE POLYESTER :thumbs-up:

ANY BIGGER NET AND I GO FOR THE DOUBLE PEGGED NET AS THE PURSING TIMES HALVED ;)

I SPENT " ALL " MY YOUTH FERRETTING IN DYKES , HEDGE BOTTOMS ..... RAILWAY LINES ETC , COVERED IN ALL SORTS OF CRAP TO TANGLE NETS ..... IT DOESNT MATTER WHEATHER A NETS 3 FOOT OR 5 FOOT ALL WILL TANGLE ON RUBBISH AND SLOW THE PURSING DOWN ............ THATS WHERE THE OLD FELLAS TAUGHT US TO NET THE RUNS ON BRAMBLES ETC RATHER THAN THE HOLES ;)

BUT THEM DAYS ON THE OPEN WARRENS ARE SURE BLISS :tongue2:

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING :big_boss:

i prefere the bigger nets e.g 4ft eventhough they can snag sometimes and are a hassle setting in places were theres alot of cover so i keep a couple of 3ft nets spare ..this season i have just used hemp nets which i have made and i havent lost a rabbit in one yet.i have recently knitted some spun nylon nets and there very nice to handle,lightweight and the spun nylon is very nice to knitt with and makes a tidy net.was thinking of using a 2 1/4 inch mesh stick to make a 4 1/2 full mesh to make it easier to dispatch the rabbits in the nets do you fink this will be ok or shall i have 4 1/4 full mesh.

good hunting

rew

Edited by REW

dont ferret no more...mainly used 4' nets made from hemp which i knitted myself..had some old nylon nets....stripped rings off, reknitted an extra 6in on each end,made them a lot easier to work with... :) but also had smaller net about 2'6"/2'9"....never had much problem with cover....used to go well before hand and cut/remove cover from around the holes......made life a lot easier.... :laugh: