Hi folks I've just noticed lately that , good quality traditional sounders are gone scarce , well around my area they are! I know there a must have in the uk , with all the regulations :-), but I find it's easy enough to pick up the harder bred dogs but the sounder seems to be gone scarce, I'd like to here other Irish members views about this !

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

theres stil sounders about my bitch is goin for her 4th season she mightn be everyones cup of tea but she suits me as i can take her out as often as i like not like all the big hard dogs that only

Lads agreed a lot Of gear can be had with a yapper but a lot of gear will also make a yapper look daft then you'll end up with holes dropped all over the hard vs yapper argument will go on for eterni

TM good quality terriers are gone scarce,let alone sounders,and if you have hard ones you dont want i will gladly take them of your hands.I can remember when i started diging first there was nothing t

Hi folks I've just noticed lately that , good quality traditional sounders are gone scarce , well around my area they are! I know there a must have in the uk , with all the regulations :-), but I find it's easy enough to pick up the harder bred dogs but the sounder seems to be gone scarce, I'd like to here other Irish members views about this !

still about there... lot of lads bred the harder dogs to each other but over last few years i bred my smaller fox dogs to get the type u after... still very game mind and mix it when they have too. in hunt service so need dogs 6 mornings a week early part of season then 4 days a week after november..

Glad to here it Lowry, I bred mine down to small size as well but still with enough balls to mix it when needed, and I can go a couple days in a row every week without been down terriers! But out of all my digging friends I'm the odd one out , they keep the big hard dogs , but sometimes they can't reach there quarry and half the time when they do there out of action for a couple a weeks to recover :-)

Guest RAB.MCKAY

a working terrier in general is hard 2 come by either ther

a, not game enough

b, wont dig on

c, pic and choose ther digs

ive only started getting in 2 terrier work for my self this last ,2 years and im starting 2 wonder.

Edited by RAB.MCKAY

That terrier I showed you the other day TerrierManiac is what most folk would consider big. In 8 seasons she always reached her game.

mind neil you digging to soft meath foxes and not proper ballymacad foxes...

From what i and my diging partner seen of the diging in finea last year by the ballymacad's,it was not very impressive,mind you if the young chap was left alone to get on with it id say he would do the job no bother.

That terrier I showed you the other day TerrierManiac is what most folk would consider big. In 8 seasons she always reached her game.

From what i and my diging partner seen of the diging in finea last year by the ballymacad's,it was not very impressive,mind you if the young chap was left alone to get on with it id say he would do the job no bother.

i wasnt there last season neil.. i finished with them last june.. its keith here... scots lad who used to work for them... only pulling your leg now.

LOL, the foxes here in Meath country Keith have a nice deep red colour to them.

Yet you only have to go a few miles up the road to Bally country and the foxes are different. They're yellow, LOL.

LOL, the foxes here in Meath country Keith have a nice deep red colour to them.

Yet you only have to go a few miles up the road to Bally country and the foxes are different. They're yellow, LOL.

good one...that young lad is a good lad...he nice and quiet and gets job done.. other lads there not got a clue..have a nice litter of border fells on a good little fox bitch.. they all blacck as coal with good jackets and strong heads... only ten days old but be handy fox dogs... mother and father here with me...