saluki based lurchers

Saluki based lurchers, do they make good lamping dogs all quary (pre ban). Baiscaly alrounders.

Whats your views on these :)

Atb maitland

No , they are far too slow ,they need prairies to run on,are slow to turn ,and only catch their prey after running them to exhaustion in marathons,not only that ,but they cannot jump, or handle cover.Totally unsuitable as a base for any sort of general purpose hunter.They are also boring to watch, and unbiddable.

Does that about cover it?

you are talking absolute rubbish, it is quite clear you do not wish to improve your running dog/lurcher,

You are correct.ps I see you come from Annan , where is Annan ? Is it anywhere near Onan?

:boogie:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they do make good crosses if they are out of the right stuff and have had the work put into them, what you put in is what you get out

I am leaning more and more in favour of saluki cross dogs, but i course hares in a desert so it makes sense for me. They do bring toughness especially in the feet and have great stamina and heat resis

the saluki blood crossed into the collie/grey has improved, the running ability, more Stamina, a faster recovery, rate, and stronger feet, this is all for Edible game, the Saluki, is little more temp

Posted Images

had a couple of saluki lurchers cross collie lurchers only used them on rabbit/hare day and night made decent dogs. training was no problem and they made consistant catch and retrieve dogs.

Saluki based lurchers, do they make good lamping dogs all quary (pre ban). Baiscaly alrounders.

Atb maitland

No , they are far too slow ,they need prairies to run on,are slow to turn ,and only catch their prey after running them to exhaustion in marathons,not only that ,but they cannot jump, or handle cover.Totally unsuitable as a base for any sort of general purpose hunter.They are also boring to watch, and unbiddable.

Not true that mate my, saluki jumps very well and regularly pushes fox and rabbit out of bush and bracken.

Like any dog if you get them early enough,train them right ,feed them right, treat them right,then they are

right,

If you take some time to look properly at the dogs in the hands of the right people which are handled and entered

at the right time i think you might change your mind, but each to their own mate as long as you enjoy your dogs

what else really matters ;) Ben.

Atb maitland

Not true that mate my, saluki jumps very well and regularly pushes fox and rabbit out of bush and bracken.

Like any dog if you get them early enough,train them right ,feed them right, treat them right,then they are

right,

If you take some time to look properly at the dogs in the hands of the right people which are handled and entered

at the right time i think you might change your mind, but each to their own mate as long as you enjoy your dogs

what else really matters ;) Ben.

Very true mate

Got a saluki x bitch shes 8 now has bin a really good dog over the years on all quarry but was best suited to rabbit and of course the brown hare where she would regurly take the piss outta my mates dogs! Shes just bout to have her 1st litter cant wait!

my mates bitch is 9 now and was a great allrounder. pre ban took fox rabbit and hares never took deer. she retrieves feather still, jumps anything and never strays from his side unless told to. shes retired now and lives on his sofa, i bought a pup of exact same breeding, saluki x whippet/grey. if my pup turns out half as good i will be happy. atb mick