New member, what can I shoot?

Hi guys, joined the forum a week or so ago and getting back into air gunning. As a teenager I was forever out with my hw35 and was just checking what I am legally allowed to hunt. It use to be Rabbits, woodys, rats , magpies, crows, jays and squirrels, have i missed anything and are there any I shouldn't be shooting on that list?

• Like 1

Depends where you are and why you think you need to shoot it. Avoid the ire of some by reading this first : http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/regulation/wildlife/licences/generallicences.aspx

Then before you take a shot at anything live, kill every piece of paper you can find until you're 100% sure of a clean kill.

don't shoot badgers, they are extinct.

rumour has it that people with alaunt x lurchers send these dogs to ground (badgers nest), and get them to eat their eggs, thus numbers of hatchling badgers dropped off. there are only 183,000,000 badgers left in uk, rendering them extinct, and number 34 on the endangered species list. however road kill badger is high in protein (so is jizz)

i remember best forays i ever had hunting, was while hunting ewoks, using 13 guage boomerangs.

• Like 1