european polecats

why is everyone advertising european polecats when in fact they have polecat coloured ferrets,,there is no such thing as a black european polecat without a cream or light coloured muzzle,they are simply show coloured ferrets,never have i bred or even seen in the wild a pure black polecat without a cream muzzle,,they have dark tips to the fur with ginger underneath with a cream to yellowish muzzle..,as for ferreting my true wild hob and even one of my jills can never be placed on the floor,handled yes but still being nervous of humans even after a number of years would be useless out in the field,,so why breed from such an animal everyone asks. simply this for the young one to be ready for ferreting you have to breed the true wild or european hob out to a domestic working jill,,last year i crossed my wild hob to my working jills the litters have been worked by numerous boys and work well,,i have first and second generations which have been excellent on rabbit,,they lose the nervousness carried from the true wild hob down the line of generations but will carry the fiery genes,,i have bred and worked polecats and ferrets for 40yrs or so,,and many guys still carry my strain of polecat in south wales,,,very rarely will you come upon true wild polecats in the wild unless trapped or run over,they are very nervous of humans,,they are not like mink,which will come up to you,,so dont rip people off by advertising european polecats when you know damn well they are polecat colours or show coloured ferrets......theres lots of youngsters on here , ,,anyone wanting to see my polecats are welcome,,,pm me

• Like 2

Well I have yet to see them being given away thats for sure, but no doubt the devotees of the colour / type call it what you like will argue that there lots of ferrets for sale on here

Well I have yet to see them being given away thats for sure, but no doubt the devotees of the colour / type call it what you like will argue that there lots of ferrets for sale on here

Sorry to disapoint but my litter of "dark polecats", out of bunny killers strain are being given away for free to boys off this site , ive never bred for money ..

why is everyone advertising european polecats when in fact they have polecat coloured ferrets,,there is no such thing as a black european polecat without a cream or light coloured muzzle,they are simply show coloured ferrets,never have i bred or even seen in the wild a pure black polecat without a cream muzzle,,they have dark tips to the fur with ginger underneath with a cream to yellowish muzzle..,as for ferreting my true wild hob and even one of my jills can never be placed on the floor,handled yes but still being nervous of humans even after a number of years would be useless out in the field,,so why breed from such an animal everyone asks. simply this for the young one to be ready for ferreting you have to breed the true wild or european hob out to a domestic working jill,,last year i crossed my wild hob to my working jills the litters have been worked by numerous boys and work well,,i have first and second generations which have been excellent on rabbit,,they lose the nervousness carried from the true wild hob down the line of generations but will carry the fiery genes,,i have bred and worked polecats and ferrets for 40yrs or so,,and many guys still carry my strain of polecat in south wales,,,very rarely will you come upon true wild polecats in the wild unless trapped or run over,they are very nervous of humans,,they are not like mink,which will come up to you,,so dont rip people off by advertising european polecats when you know damn well they are polecat colours or show coloured ferrets......theres lots of youngsters on here , ,,anyone wanting to see my polecats are welcome,,,pm me

pics

pics

I'm sure bunny killer will put pics up if he decides to go down that route, but having seen his stock I can assure you they are the genuine article :yes:

• Like 1

heres some pics of my 2 polecats and the kits

pics

I'm sure bunny killer will put pics up if he decides to go down that route, but having seen his stock I can assure you they are the genuine article :yes:

post-44921-0-82934600-1308133076_thumb.jpg

post-44921-0-86141100-1308133089_thumb.jpg

post-44921-0-95431800-1308133111_thumb.jpg

post-44921-0-41942400-1308133127_thumb.jpg

post-44921-0-77904500-1308133143_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

heres some pics of my 2 polecats and the kits

pics

Nice polecat coloured ferrets. :thumbs:

• Like 1

So what do darker ferrets actually do that’s any different to any other colour ferret?

Curious to know?

they do about 20 quid more than the red eyed silvers and a fiver more than bews :laugh: