Match fit

An old pic of a very fit fen dog ,

101dv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I train my lamp dogs the same as i train my saluki x dogs , the lamp dogs dont have much saluki blood in them and tire before the fen bred dogs , its horses for courses ,

Smashing looking dog there :thumbs: would you run your dogs behind car or bike and how many miles a night would you do???

lol watch out roberto m you might have someone hot on your heal,s lol your dog is missing one them big strong stuff collar,s mate lol :thumbs:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my dogs look fitter in summer than they do in winter,but are not in any way as sharp,or as fit! I put a bit more weight on my dogs towards the start of the season,and only after a month or so hard fie

match men never divulge there training methods

i dont think there is a specific match fit thing i seen cn match foxy 2 times a week for a few month so she was never specifically fittened for one match ...

Posted Images

get the dog in the field behind its quarry as often as possible best way 2 get the dog fit and sharpness gets there brain working 2 they start 2 read what the quarry is going 2 do next.a good fit dog is allways a a step ahead of its quarry.

my dogs look fitter in summer than they do in winter,but are not in any way as sharp,or as fit! I put a bit more weight on my dogs towards the start of the season,and only after a month or so hard fieldwork,day and night,would i consider them match fit :thumbs:post-52472-0-45910500-1308069425_thumb.jpg summerpost-52472-0-30350600-1308069503_thumb.jpg winter. Hare was shot and retrieved.

• Like 1

I start them on a bike for a few weeks , then i jog them next to the car , depends on the dog what i do with it , the bitch in the pic was trained very hard !

any one who knows how to train a dog, knows its the whole package not just the jogging, iv had dogs a long time and have only met a few people who i think can condition a dog to its peak , there will be a lot more but i havent met them !

by the looks of your dogs ,you DO know how to condition a dog :thumbs:

101dv.jpg

I train my lamp dogs the same as i train my saluki x dogs , the lamp dogs dont have much saluki blood in them and tire before the fen bred dogs , its horses for courses ,

Smashing looking dog there :thumbs: would you run your dogs behind car or bike and how many miles a night would you do???

one of the best looking dog i have seen on here credit to you

101dv.jpg

YES THIS DOG IS A CREDIT TO YOU,BUT HOW WOULD IT FAIR ON A BIG LONG NIGHT LAMPING CAUSE TO ME IT DOESNT LOOK LAMPING FIT,BUT LIKE I SAY ITS A CREDIT TO YO,

Edited by malone

101dv.jpg

Smashing looking dog there :thumbs: would you run your dogs behind car or bike and how many miles a night would you do???what do you mean when a dog is fit 100 persent night or day wont matter

YES THIS DOG IS A CREDIT TO YOU,BUT HOW WOULD IT FAIR ON A BIG LONG NIGHT LAMPING CAUSE TO ME IT DOESNT LOOK LAMPING FIT,BUT LIKE I SAY ITS A CREDIT TO YO,

101dv.jpg

Smashing looking dog there :thumbs: would you run your dogs behind car or bike and how many miles a night would you do???what do you mean when a dog is fit 100 persent night or day wont matter

looks like slouhgi cross :haha::thumbs:

101dv.jpg

looks like slouhgi cross :haha::thumbs:

a good mate of mine had a good lamping dog a few years ago who was out most nights lamping and running the hill during the day with the terriers this dog could run the lamp all night he was continually pestering me to let him come coursing daytime so he came and ran on the s plains for the day that dog could not get out of his bed for 3 days after and was also off his food for a whiile now this dog was lamping fit as they come but defanitely could not handle a proper days coursing .just in case theres antis reading i will add this was pre ban .lol.

HAHA........When a dog like that, looks in that kind of condition I dont think you are talking kick ups!! :laugh:

101dv.jpg

Could you please explain a little more why not?