are lurcher only any for winter work

You don't need to be killing shit to go out with the dog, why do people always try to make out if your not summer hunting your dogs spend months in a pen.

Because some people don't understand the new, off the wall concept of 'walking a dog'.

My dogs are out probably every day of the year BUT not hunting.Come September they'll be worked hard and they'll be needing there R+R come the end of February just as I will.

People go on about starting dogs young etc but its not good for Lurchers do be run hard in the summer months when temps can reach 20 degrees even at night. :thumbs:

Keeping ur dog kennelled over the summer means ur dogs just gonna take longer to get him in shape when the season starts.

I rest mine for the first month after the season then go mouching and taking care of the tree rats.

I try and keep him out of the sun on really hot days

Summer is a great time for my working dogs. They get to swim in the sea most days, free run for hours, play football in the garden with the kids and if they happen to catch a few day time rabbits when we are out and about then that's all good.

I keep pythons that still need feeding through out the summer so I do still lamp a little but I keep it to a minimum. Normally I'll go out once a week and just grab 2 or 3.

Keeping ur dog kennelled over the summer means ur dogs just gonna take longer to get him in shape when the season starts.

I rest mine for the first month after the season then go mouching and taking care of the tree rats.

I try and keep him out of the sun on really hot days

apart from the fact that it's cruel!

i take my dogs out in the summer months and have the odd bunny but i dont go over the top like some people do in the summer its just the way ive been taught,each to there own but its nice to0 give the dogs some rest too i dont see the point in chasing bunnies flat out on hot nights and hot days blowing the energy out of the dog the end of the day there animals not machines :thumbs: