DEERHOUND CROSSES

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my deer/greyxcollie/grey/bed/whip now 10 month old coming on well

he is a powerhouse chad, what ever he hits it aint going no where very powerful dog takes all quarry, good mix deerhound,grey,bull,

they should breed old fashioned looking lurchers with a coat that should stand up to the weather better than if a border was used giving a greater chance of smoth pups resulting. Iv also heard there a

Posted Images

yes he is, 1/4 beardie.

both look nice types ,what lines in the bitch if any ?not that it matters just wondering

the bitch is a linebred deerhound greyhound, litter bred by a couple of lads in Northumberland for their own use ;)

if I could find a good 1st cross beardie collie x greyhound dog and my 1st cross deerhound greyhound bitch turns out any good and can do me 4 or 5 good seasons graft first id look to this croos as a better all round lurcher than its parents on paper.

any one seen any deerhound greyhound x beardie greyhound (only intrested in hearing of young from the two first crosses). how do or did they do on f & d ?

thanks.

what would you think a beardied give you rather then collie or is just what you prefer

they should breed old fashioned looking lurchers with a coat that should stand up to the weather better than if a border was used giving a greater chance of smoth pups resulting. Iv also heard there a bit bolder and better on fox than a border collie cross.?

But im far from a collie cross expert and this is why im asking and listening to what those who are have to say.

• Like 1

if I could find a good 1st cross beardie collie x greyhound dog and my 1st cross deerhound greyhound bitch turns out any good and can do me 4 or 5 good seasons graft first id look to this croos as a better all round lurcher than its parents on paper.

any one seen any deerhound greyhound x beardie greyhound (only intrested in hearing of young from the two first crosses). how do or did they do on f & d ?

thanks.

what would you think a beardied give you rather then collie or is just what you prefer

they should breed old fashioned looking lurchers with a coat that should stand up to the weather better than if a border was used giving a greater chance of smoth pups resulting. Iv also heard there a bit bolder and better on fox than a border collie cross.?

But im far from a collie cross expert and this is why im asking and listening to what those who are have to say.

i agree with old fashioned lurcher part ,and heard good things about collies cross with other breeds , :thumbs:

060511063.jpg

Snapshot-3.jpg

060511059.jpg

my deer/greyxcollie/grey/bed/whip now 10 month old coming on well

thats the classic looking lurcher to me if it runs as good as it looks your laugthing. :thumbs:

thats a lurcher too me. them big heavy weight deerhound x bulls on this thread would do me nicely, that is if I was killing lions or buffalo not r,h,f,d! but thats just me.

as a young iron mike tyson used to say speed kills ! ! !

any one seen any deerhound greyhound x beardie greyhound (only intrested in hearing of young from the two first crosses). how do or did they do on f & d ?thanks.

Keeps should tell you all you need to know, many off here who have seen 'em out have remarked on how good they are and the photos are there too.

Timmyk had a good 'un a few years back that did very well, i seen this dog run for many years and rated it highly, especially on big stuff.

Romany added Beardie to his lurcher line years back and was very happy with the results too!

:thumbs: