whippet on fox (preban)

If a terrier can go down 5 6 ft and take 1 or 2 on in a dead end then there is no reason that a good size whippet cant take one above ground.IMO

is there anything you dont know :haha:

Yes what a good lucher is :thumbs:

iceman you may stick to licking gorgers balls as you know f**k all about working dogs.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right, first we're talking dogs not people so an example using a totally different species is a wee bit pointless, there are plenty of small things that can kill big things, i accept that.   In this

Still the same thl its always somebodys dog from years ago or my mate had a dog that can do this or i saw a dog do this or i heard it of somebody and they wouldnt lie its never yeah ive got a dog th

Yes but have the vets number on speed dial......

Posted Images

ive never seen a whippet with enough heart to take a fox on its own never mind capebilty :doh:

ive seen some good bull whippet and greyhound whippets tho

Obviously not been out with whippets enough then. Cus i know they can do the job. Well they use to (preban ovcorse ;)

ive never seen a whippet with enough heart to take a fox on its own never mind capebilty :doh:

Well you need to get out more then. cus theres plenty of whippets i know that can take a fox single handed :S

Obviously not been out with whippets enough then. Cus i know they can do the job. Well they use to (preban ovcorse ;)

I've seen pure whippets preban take a fox - the runs I've seen have been a bit of a battle tho. My whip/grey can take an average size one no probs - the biggest one she came across was 26lb dog fox(biggest one I've ever seen too!) though and it was a tough job for her - but saying about heart - she didn't give up. (preban!):notworthy:

I've seen pure whippets preban take a fox - the runs I've seen have been a bit of a battle tho. My whip/grey can take an average size one no probs - the biggest one she came across was 26lb dog fox(biggest one I've ever seen too!) though and it was a tough job for her - but saying about heart - she didn't give up. (preban!):notworthy:

are these ped whippets? if so they must be foxes with there teeth pulled

Never seen it mate but hear of plenty of people that have done it..obviously not for the job but if out rabbiting and you see 1 they can take the odd 1. My we bull whippit takes them.

think about it and you get what you asking of a whippet a decent size dog fox would be a contest for any normal size whippet to take on and unless the whippet was clued up on them its going to get nasty injuries to head andface with the out come not being a sure thing as far as killing the fox is concerned and could even end up giving your whippet a pasteing get a larger cross horses for courses get a bull cross mate watch the vermin get knocked over for fun

am i the only one that finds this hard to believe think there taking the piss lol

Never seen it mate but hear of plenty of people that have done it..obviously not for the job but if out rabbiting and you see 1 they can take the odd 1. My we bull whippit takes them.

think about it and you get what you asking of a whippet a decent size dog fox would be a contest for any normal size whippet to take on and unless the whippet was clued up on them its going to get nasty injuries to head andface with the out come not being a sure thing as far as killing the fox is concerned and could even end up giving your whippet a pasteing get a larger cross horses for courses get a bull cross mate watch the vermin get knocked over for fun

any bull crosses i seen are lead around by boys in track suits or f*****g drug dealers trying to impress there girl friends :whistling:ps why get an ugly bull cross when a whippet will do the job. :thumbs::tongue2:

Edited by madhare hunter
  • Like 1

Yes but have the vets number on speed dial......

:laugh: :laugh: .. ATB..B

bull crosses not everyones cup of tea but we all not drug dealears or tracksuit boys some of us more serious dog lads use our bull x to work and to be honest cant see any whippet taking the stick day in dayout the bull cross will and theirs that many on here got them cant see them all having slow dogs their are many combinatoins of bull cross to choose from so why knock em

have you a dog to kill a fox if so what cross are they any bull in them r whippet,i take it you dont like whippet crosses :thumbs:

this is getting stupid the post was can a whippet kill a fox well yes it can and i know of a dog that would do it regular no bull x just whippet it all depends how often it would run the intended quarry the dog would learn the way it ran it maybe got bit the first few times but after that it was a demon on fox and never got bit again it just depends on what quarry you run and how offten you run it

Well you need to get out more then. cus theres plenty of whippets i know that can take a fox single handed :S

stay of them mushrooms a full breed whippet will not killa fully reared vixen

like i said il buy 1 with a trail hopde they can draw aswell and i dont mean on paper lol