Hope ours is well attended this year..Guaranteed good prize money BUT most important the JUDGE will show NO FAVOURS AT ALL Thats a promise :thumbs:

do you think the judges play a part in numbers being down don ...

i think the judge is the most important factor..we do only one show a year and it takes us all year to come up with a fair chap...its a nightmare trying to get someone away from the area(which is asking alot of the judge to travel a fair distance) but also someone that has nt judged all year so that there is no pre-judgement....stig you sound like the right man..any chance?

i only work 3 days a week now :boogie: - unfortunately one of em is sunday :thumbdown: ...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The amount of dick heads that turn up to the shows are enough to put me off

Clashes with the Westmeath show ,which a lot of guys are showing an interest in going over to .

Hope ours is well attended this year..Guaranteed good prize money BUT most important the JUDGE will show NO FAVOURS AT ALL Thats a promise :thumbs:

Yes to a degree..Like round here last couple of years ..Judge (1) puts so and so up the next week he or SHE returns the favour ..Tossers most of them..Then there are judges which in my opinion are so so biased towards a breed ..Gotta be a fell type nothing else is any good.Or gotta be black cos thats what I keep..Myself I couldnt be arsed what breed in my mind I judge each breed on what I think it should be..Caused quite a stink when I put a Border up a few years ago ..The dog went on to win a few more like LOL.Another thing, I dont do showing now to be honest ,but the few I do go to ,why is it that the lakie class has them all on one knee holding their terriers ALA Kc..LOL.. When I judge I like them standing free not half strangled on a tight lead let them stand on there own if its fit and right it doesnt need to be placed into a show stance ..oooops its right foot is an inch out FFS

a border ffs :tongue2: :tongue2: do you want trophys for yours this year don -- i`ll do the entered and the digging comp if you want ..

i held my first show in lambourn last year. what was thought to be the end of the once 'BEST' lurcher show nationwide and through alot of talking, begging, bum licking and promising, i managed to bring the show back although NOT an entirely lurher oriontated show as after all it is a FMWTC show and a "WORKING" dog one at that..

Last year, at a guess, i had around 500 people attend with some superb looking dogs, this year, i have had even more interest, only time will tell and being a charity event in aid of HELP FOR HEROES, i think does help with attendance..

i held my first show in lambourn last year. what was thought to be the end of the once 'BEST' lurcher show nationwide and through alot of talking, begging, bum licking and promising, i managed to bring the show back although NOT an entirely lurher oriontated show as after all it is a FMWTC show and a "WORKING" dog one at that..

Last year, at a guess, i had around 500 people attend with some superb looking dogs, this year, i have had even more interest, only time will tell and being a charity event in aid of HELP FOR HEROES, i think does help with attendance..

when is it earth i`ll sort you a raffle prize or auction item ... you`ll have to give me a nudge i`m a fecker for forgetting ..

when is it earth i`ll sort you a raffle prize or auction item ... you`ll have to give me a nudge i`m a fecker for forgetting ..

ahhh, thanks darling :kiss:

24th july pal. its in the show section. :victory:

Yes to a degree..Like round here last couple of years ..Judge (1) puts so and so up the next week he or SHE returns the favour ..Tossers most of them..Then there are judges which in my opinion are so so biased towards a breed ..Gotta be a fell type nothing else is any good.Or gotta be black cos thats what I keep..Myself I couldnt be arsed what breed in my mind I judge each breed on what I think it should be..Caused quite a stink when I put a Border up a few years ago ..The dog went on to win a few more like LOL.Another thing, I dont do showing now to be honest ,but the few I do go to ,why is it that the lakie class has them all on one knee holding their terriers ALA Kc..LOL.. When I judge I like them standing free not half strangled on a tight lead let them stand on there own if its fit and right it doesnt need to be placed into a show stance ..oooops its right foot is an inch out FFS

a border ffs :tongue2: :tongue2: do you want trophys for yours this year don -- i`ll do the entered and the digging comp if you want ..

Yes Please mate more the better ..Oh and Ive added plummers to the schedule and a White lakie type class LOL

Yes Please mate more the better ..Oh and Ive added plummers to the schedule and a White lakie type class LOL

donny, i had a plummer class, not one turned up :blink:

CLIQUES !!!If your not known you'll get the Who the F*** that,Does them Dogs work !Whilst they fall over the carry out.

Lanquage..Got kids, people don't bother when kids around anymore.Some just don't like kids engaging in the serious business of Terriers,but they are the future like it or not.Some don't go because when drinks in some folk their exploits get a bit more graffic and louder thus tarring everyone around them. Antis taking pictures Reg plates, the List could be endless,Guys turning up and dont get placed leave right away,not waiting for rest of show .Then you get the Guys that want to be seen mixing at shows,so the can fleece show goers when they sell their wares as the genuine article. :icon_redface::whistling:

that was my experience of shows outwith my area most of them ending in my dogs better than yours .that was a long time ago so you would hope its better these days or is it . not saying shows in my area were any better but a stranger in the camp, you know the rest :thumbdown:

donny, i had a plummer class, not one turned up :blink:

Couple of regulars have some..Although one plummer owner is not welcome ..tosser..disgrace to the terrier world :thumbs:

my opinion for what its worth is the price of fuel hasnt helped show attendances also holding 3 and 4 day shows does certainly not help the class sizes as you can have to much of a good thing .i also believe it helps if the judge is from away and hasnt judged more than 2 shows a year then you dont get people following him or her around the shows .but at the end of the day dog shows like a lot of other things are feeling the pinch money wise with people not being able to afford them like they could in the past .

you like them white lakies .. have you got an in between class for them that dont know if they`ve got russells or white lakies or will they go in both ;)

The amount of dick heads that turn up to the shows are enough to put me off

i stepped under the ropes after showing in 1 class and 4 young lads took exception to me not saying excuse me even though they wher`nt in my way - they followed me to my land rover giving it large all the way then they saw my mates 2 18 stoners and the big fella 24 stone and backed off if only they`d had a couple more of thr stella carry outs could of been interesting .:whistling: some shows do attract thr fair share of dick heads thats the working dog game for you ... Edited by the_stig