Lady do you wanna be a traveller? . . . .. .

Appleby 2011.

76.jpg

78.jpg

89.jpg

68.jpg

67.jpg

66.jpg

39-1.jpg

36-1.jpg

15-4.jpg

12-4.jpg

3-5.jpg

29-2.jpg

123.jpg

115.jpg

104.jpg

80.jpg

71.jpg

61.jpg

69.jpg

79.jpg

88.jpg

59.jpg

48.jpg

50.jpg

46.jpg

45-1.jpg

42-1.jpg

109.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice pics, did ya have a good day?

AMAZING day . . . i loved every single minute of it! :notworthy: Next year i'm going for the week. :thumbs:

if ya have a passport and a weekend off come over to ireland for ballinasloe horse fair in october, loads ta see, well worth the trip :D

nice pics, did ya have a good day?

AMAZING day . . . i loved every single minute of it! :notworthy: Next year i'm going for the week. :thumbs:

if ya have a passport and a weekend off come over to ireland for ballinasloe horse fair in october, loads ta see, well worth the trip :D

Been meaning to get a trip over to Ireland sorted . .. that could be just the excuse i need. :toast:

Thursday and Friday the weather was perfect.. Loads of lads from my way go over, I haven't been for 6 year mind, great photos Hannah..:toast:

Cheers numb nuts :tongue2: . . . . . next year come with me and we'll have a "camera off". :thumbs:

Thursday and Friday the weather was perfect.. Loads of lads from my way go over, I haven't been for 6 year mind, great photos Hannah..:toast:

Cheers numb nuts :tongue2: . . . . . next year come with me and we'll have a "camera off". :thumbs:

:laugh: :laugh: No competition, wait till I've got into it a little more... :toast:

Great photos Hannah, mostly pretty timeless but is it me or do those women look out of place.

I can see what your saying . .. however as an Appleby Virgin, what i found most appealing about the whole thing was the contrast in the generations of Travelling folk, i sat and chatted to a couple in their 60's and they were saying how much damage the recent media interest in the travelling communities has done, they were so interesting to talk to. Had a huge old Bow top and were very unobtrusive and content just to be . . . . . 20 meters away was a humungous chrome van, with music blaring, girls dressed in nothing grinding around and blokes drinking and acting up to cameras etc, they had a convertible merc and all the kids had mobiles.

I guess its just a different era, technology, and lifestyle changes, no different to non traveller families really. I personally prefer the elder set, and spent most my time talking to them. :thumbs:

:laugh: :laugh: No competition, wait till I've got into it a little more... :toast:

You have a year! :laugh:

What a time we had :toast: We laughed, we guffawed, we gasped in disbelief. Hitched a ride, climbed barriers, haggled with donkey men. And we click-click-clicked the day away. Thank you again Donkey Lady for a MOST fabulous time :thumbs:

Here's my contribution

IMG_9983.jpg

IMG_9950.jpg

IMG_9938.jpg

One for the lads :laugh:

IMG_9936.jpg

IMG_9933.jpg

IMG_9930.jpg

IMG_9923.jpg

IMG_9913.jpg

IMG_9905.jpg

IMG_9887.jpg