New Stag pup

A stag hound is basiclly a shaggy (not always) greyhound bred down from the dogs that went over from britain a long long time ago. Like a grey hound, but with much much much better feet and stamina. :thumbs:

a stag hound is the same as a fox hound,but peolpe call deerhoundxs staghounds they are to different breeds of dogs.

Ummmmm yes, but as this thread is in the lurcher section and has a picture of what is being referred to hear as a 'stag hound' at the top, i think it's a safe bet he doesnt mean the dogs you speak of. But the long hybridized greyhound / scottish greyhound (deerhound) lurchers used in the states to run down all manner of game, with different blood added as needed.

New pup I'm bringing on. 1/8 bull 7/8 Stag Out of Uphill's Tor and a Stag from JW that Uphill has called Lazer. Both parents have allot of coyotes last season.-Stunt

Copyof060411001.jpg

Mistake I ment to say "uphill's T" not Tor. Yes there is some confusion as to whats what and the term gets turned around when talking to people abroad as the 1st Stag Hound was a foxhound type animal. Stag Hound or "Stag" is a a AMerican term for a larg sighthound smooth,broken or rough used for run,catch and kill coyotes and some other stuff lol. Grey, WH, DH, Borzoi, Saluki, Bull, Collie Hound its all been put in at one time or another and now it is its own strain now with breeders tweeking it here and there.

New pup I'm bringing on. 1/8 bull 7/8 Stag Out of Uphill's Tor and a Stag from JW that Uphill has called Lazer. Both parents have allot of coyotes last season.-Stunt

Copyof060411001.jpg

Mistake I ment to say "uphill's T" not Tor. Yes there is some confusion as to whats what and the term gets turned around when talking to people abroad as the 1st Stag Hound was a foxhound type animal. Stag Hound or "Stag" is a a AMerican term for a larg sighthound smooth,broken or rough used for run,catch and kill coyotes and some other stuff lol. Grey, WH, DH, Borzoi, Saluki, Bull, Collie Hound its all been put in at one time or another and now it is its own strain now with breeders tweeking it here and there.

nice pup what sort of size you hoping it will make atb

A stag hound is basiclly a shaggy (not always) greyhound bred down from the dogs that went over from britain a long long time ago. Like a grey hound, but with much much much better feet and stamina. :thumbs:

a stag hound is the same as a fox hound,but peolpe call deerhoundxs staghounds they are to different breeds of dogs.

Ummmmm yes, but as this thread is in the lurcher section and has a picture of what is being referred to hear as a 'stag hound' at the top, i think it's a safe bet he doesnt mean the dogs you speak of. But the long hybridized greyhound / scottish greyhound (deerhound) lurchers used in the states to run down all manner of game, with different blood added as needed.

its a handy tool that wikipedia at times :D

pup looks a cracker though i have to say :thumbs:

dont need wikipedia made ive been in the game far to long to what [our] stag hound look like not like the lads who been doing it a couple of yrs and know everything to keep use old timers right.nice pup though mate atb

dont need wikipedia made ive been in the game far to long to what [our] stag hound look like not like the lads who been doing it a couple of yrs and know everything to keep use old timers right.nice pup though mate atb

off the cuff remark mate,not to you anyway it was @ ideation,thats how its was worded when i looked it up i know theres plenty on here that know their stuff,i was only saying as i used it to look up stag hound after recently getting my own deerhound/grey pup and this one is similar that was all :thumbs: