24th ANNUAL ALL IRELAND CHAMPIONSHIPS

The 24th ANNUAL

ALL IRELAND TERRIER, LURCHER & WHIPPET CHAMPIONSHIPS

At THE IRISH GAME FAIR www.irishgamefair.com

SHOWING CLASSES on SUNDAY 26th June SUPREME CHAMPION Barbour Coat value £400

CHAMPION TERRIER £50 sponsored by Premier Event Catering + Tankard + Dog Food

CHAMPION LURCHER £50 sponsored by Premier Event Catering by Tankard + Dog Food The Champion Lurcher qualifies for the Redmills Five Nations International Lurcher Final at Birr Castle on the 29th August (and some travel expenses payable at Birr) and also receives four tickets to the Birr Castle Fair and a year's subscription to Irish Countrysports and Country Life magazine. The Prize fund for the winner of this prestigious final will top €1,500.

CHAMPION WHIPPET £50 Sponsored by Irish Countrysports and Country Life magazine + Tankard+ Dog Food

PUPPY CHAMPION Tankard + Dog Food

CHAMPION PET Trophy

Top Terrier and Top Lurcher Qualify for the Countrymans Weekly Championships at the Midland Fair

LURCHER WHIPPET & TERRIER RACING Saturday 25th June 2011

Redmills Master Mc Grath FINAL for the LARGEST PRIZE EVER OFFERED IN IRELAND FOR TERRIER & LURCHERS. RUNNER UP GETS a WATCH VALUE £250 sponsored by Gardiner Bros Jewellers.

We currently have Scottish, English, ROI and NI Dogs qualified just waiting for more English Dogs and the Welsh Dogs.

Followed by the 24th ALL IRELAND TERRIER, LURCHER and WHIPPET RACING CHAMPIONSHIPS

1st PLACED OVER 23 LURCHER £40 Sponsored by Countryside Alliance Ireland +Tankard

1st PLACED UNDER 23 LURCHER RECEIVES Sponsored by Countryside Alliance Ireland £40 +Tankard

1st PLACED WHIPPET RECEIVES £40 Sponsored by Countryside Alliance Ireland +Tankard

1st PLACED TERRIER Sponsored by Countryside Alliance Ireland I £30 +Trophy

TERRIER,WHIPPET & LURCHER EVENTS

Sponsored by Redmills, Premier Events Catering, Countryside Alliance Ireland and Irish Countrysports and Country Life magazine

ALL IRELAND TERRIER & LURCHER CHAMPIONSHIPS

SHOW SCHEDULE

Terrier Championship Show

1. Terrier Pups under 1 year……………………………………………………….

2. Working Terrier Class………………………………………………………….

3. Terrier under 12………………………………………………………………..

4. Best Pair of Terriers…………………………………………………………….

5. Jack Russell Type Dog or Bitch over 1 year old………………………………….

6. Lakeland Type Dog or Bitch over 1 year old……………………………………..

7. Fell or Patterdale Dog or Bitch over 1 year old…………………………………

8. Border or Cross Bred Dog or Bitch over 1 year old…………………………….

Championship 1st placed terriers in classes 2,3,5,6,7,8

Family Dog Show

Any Variety shown by a child under 12 years of age……………………………..

Any Variety shown by a Lady…………………………………………………….

Any Variety shown by a Gent…………………………………………………….

Champion Handling Class from the above classes

Lurcher Championships

1.Whippet/Lurcher Dog or Bitch over 1 year old ………………………………..

( NO PURE BRED WHIPPETS)

2.Any Variety Lurcher Pup under 1 year old…………………………………….

3.Best Pair of Lurchers……………………………………………………………

4.Any Variety Lamping Lurcher………………………………………………..

5.Smooth Lurcher over 23 over 1 year old…………………………………….

6.Rough Lurcher over 23 over 1 year old…………………………………….

7.Rough or Smooth Lurcher under 23 over 1 year old…………………………….

8.AV Hare Lurcher ………………………………………………………………..

9.Collie or Terrier Bred Lurcher over 1 year old…………………………………..

10. Any Fox Lurcher…………………………………………………………………

Championship 1st placed Lurchers in classes 1,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Whippet Championship

1.Whippet Puppy Dog under 1 year old

2. Whippet Puppy Bitch under 1 year old

3. Whippet Dog over 1year old

4.Whippet Bitch over 1 year old

5.Working Whippet Dog

6.Working Whippet Bitch

Championship 1st from classes 2,3,4,5,6

NOTE : JUDGES HAVE BEEN SELECTED WHO MEET MY PERSONAL APPROVAL: WE ARE NOT PUBLISHING THESE IN ADVANCE TO PREVENT ANY POTENTIALLY ADVERSE COMMENTS.

Class Trophies will be similar to those presented at Ballywalter plus Pewter and Crystal Tankards. These are my choice since I am sponsoring them so complaints to me!

Edited by AlbertJ

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i like to see a veterains class at shows i can show my 9 year old 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie e cant compete against the younger dogs anymore really

good luck with the show, i have a crossbred terrier worth bringing to a show, but it is impossible to show him in a class with full borders, i can not see the logic in that class "border or crossbred"

good luck with the show, i have a crossbred terrier worth bringing to a show, but it is impossible to show him in a class with full borders, i can not see the logic in that class "border or crossbred" both types need a class of thier own. likewise in the lurchers, colliecross and terriercross are very different types, something you could look into A.

Edited by tullyeyed
  • Like 1

good luck with the show, i have a crossbred terrier worth bringing to a show, but it is impossible to show him in a class with full borders, i can not see the logic in that class "border or crossbred" both types need a class of thier own. likewise in the lurchers, colliecross and terriercross are very different types, something you could look into A.

Tully,

As I said everything is up for discussion with the new organisers. It is not too difficult to split these classes. Views please.

Albert

hello albert just read the CMW there. why have you a picture of greyhounds should it not be a picture of working lurchers. everybody knows CHINA is a greyhound and what about the new dog on the scene REBEL.

hello albert just read the CMW there. why have you a picture of greyhounds should it not be a picture of working lurchers. everybody knows CHINA is a greyhound and what about the new dog on the scene REBEL.

Twiggy,

The photograph is of two lurchers in fine condition. Only their owners know whether they work them or not and how.

However the photo is intended to be illustrative of the type of lurcher that will be racing and showing at the fair. Both are winners.

Only John Humphries and/or the breeders of his dogs can answer your charge that these dogs are full bred greyhounds. If I hear someone saying 'everyone knows' I would tend to disbelieve it as it tends to be something said to discredit someone - usually someone who has done well! Personally I think neither looks like a full bred greyhound.

lurchers my ass. how come there is no one on here backing you up.its a f*****g JOKE.

is there a tad of envy here ??? lurchers come in all percentages of greyhound, i have 7/8th grey x 1/8th collie, is'nt that a lurcher either ---den

twiggy ------rebel is a litter brother to mine, ronnie, who is , whippet x grey--x greyx borzoi x irish terrier ,

twiggy ------rebel is a litter brother to mine, ronnie, who is , whippet x grey--x greyx borzoi x irish terrier ,

Denned,

Thanks for clearing up Rebel's breeding - I thought his unusual markings may have come from a Borzoi influence. Tommy 'Borzoi' Agnew a well known KC judge who judged all over the world and All Ireland Championship twice would have confirmed this probably at first sight. Tommy was a great judge of a dog and I remember him going over the lurchers at Shanes Castle in an excelent fashion.

Do I here an apology coming coming?

Albertj

Denned,

Thanks for clearing up Rebel's breeding - I thought his unusual markings may have come from a Borzoi influence. Tommy 'Borzoi' Agnew a well known KC judge who judged all over the world and All Ireland Championship twice would have confirmed this probably at first sight. Tommy was a great judge of a dog and I remember him going over the lurchers at Shanes Castle in an excelent fashion.

Albertj

probably not albert---- i assume they're away back under their stone to think of another wind up , ha ha ha

Denned,

Albertj

probably not albert---- i assume they're away back under their stone to think of another wind up , ha ha ha

Denned,

Has your dog similar markings to John's?

The silence on the apology has been rather deafening!

Albertj

Edited by AlbertJ

Denned,

Albertj

Denned,

Has your dog similar markings to John's?

The silence on the apology has been rather deafening!

Albertj

it has albert however no news is good news, they might just have been silenced, much to everyone elses joy.

albert ronnie is a silver brindle all over ----stuart

Nice too see a working terrier class in the line up. As for the other classes should dogs and bitches be judged in the same class? Me thinks not as if it was me judging it would take a mighty fine bitch to beat a dog therefore think bitches should have a class of their own. Maybe just in the more popular classes such as the black dogs.