what age

Guest ryan161

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reasons why NOT to run a lurcher on a treadmill:   Running in a straight line on the same surface all the time doesn't build agility, suppleness, nor does it toughen the feet and pads like regular e

Skycat     No, but it builds wind, needed for stamina.     Pish. Building muscle requires resistance, unless the dog was running on a constant incline running on a treadmill will not build "bo

Someone turn this thread around now and ask those who talk some shite on here the relevant questions as how muscle is developed from using a mill,then ask why ALL the top coursing greyhound men in Ir

not but theres no chance of damaging its growing bones then, and start fitness at around 2 i mean not first time on the mill

exactly what i said i would not put a pup /imature dog on a mill,your 18 pal sound like a decent chap .but i have a colie x next to me now she,s 14 years old wife took her out yesterday and she cought a full grown rabbit ,,never been on a mill in her life so like i said earlier i have no use for one ,if i didnt have the time to hunt and exersise my dogs id give up by the way ive had running dogs over 40 years .. but will admit mills can be an aid to fittness ... but not for me ;)

Edited by riohog
Guest dances

not but theres no chance of damaging its growing bones then, and start fitness at around 2 i mean not first time on the mill

exactly what i said i would not put a pup /imature dog on a mill,your 18 pal sound like a decent chap .but i have a coolie x next to me now she,s 14 years old wife took her out yesterday and she cought a full grown rabbit ,,never been on a mill in her life so like i said earlier i have no use for one ,if i didnt have the time to hunt and exersise my dogs id give up by the way ive had running dogs over 40 years .. but will admit mills can be an aid to fittness ... but not for me ;)

horses for courses mate, as i said i live on a council estate so biking is ot an option and my bitch wont free run either so milling is the only way to get her to run and she loves the mill at that.

using the mill for fitness! i clearly said that

No you clearly said "and start fitness at around 2"

Other than being injured why wouldn't a dog be fit at 2?

but we were talking in regards to a mill!

exactly what i said i would not put a pup /imature dog on a mill,your 18 pal sound like a decent chap .but i have a coolie x next to me now she,s 14 years old wife took her out yesterday and she cought a full grown rabbit ,,never been on a mill in her life so like i said earlier i have no use for one ,if i didnt have the time to hunt and exersise my dogs id give up by the way ive had running dogs over 40 years .. but will admit mills can be an aid to fittness ... but not for me ;)

horses for courses mate, as i said i live on a council estate so biking is ot an option and my bitch wont free run either so milling is the only way to get her to run and she loves the mill at that.

using the mill for fitness! i clearly said that

No you clearly said "and start fitness at around 2"

Other than being injured why wouldn't a dog be fit at 2?

?

but we were talking in regards to a mill!

your bitch wont free run? !!!!!!

Everything in moderation, as the man said they can be used to good effect when used as part of a fitness programme, seen then used as a good cardio workout with a different type of animal

the problem with any fitness training is that you need to know what your doing, its not something you make up as you go along or you could do more harm than good,

you dont need to develop a fit pup anyway, pup is programmed to express him physically through play, if you watch two pups playing, running only plays a small part in the activity,,physical contact is huge and a big part in development and forming bonds, play with the mutt, its what the pup needs more than anything,,best of luck with the pup

well i will say this i would not put a 6 month pup on a treadmill and dont know anyone who would it is not fully developed yet so leave the mill alone and let the pup grow and mature before you do!!!!! but anyway you asked for good advice im giving it ,, anyone who has had dogs will tell you the same . sorry casso didnt mean to post it below your input :thumbs:

Agree 100% a pup should be allowed to be a pup, take him for country walks, around the forest, (( if possible,)) allow him to run free, while you are walking providing your are in a suitable place to do so,