New idea for ferret bowl

I don't know if anybody has thought of this but I kept going in to my ferret hutch and they had decided it was a game to tip their food bowls over and their food was everywhere. I racked my brains and seen a bird bowl in pets at home designed to screw on the bars or a bird cage. They came in various sizes but I got small. I put them on the mesh on my hutch doors but the ferrets still manages to swivel them and loosen the screw ad tip it over.

I got a new hutch 2 days ago and wanted to do things right with this cracking hutch. I drilled a small hole in the wood that separates the main compartment from the sleeping area. I put the bolt through and screwed it tight on the other side. I put it low so the bowl rests on the floor so it can't be swivelled- problem solved!

The bowl can be taken out of the metal frame and cleaned and the bowls right next to the door so it's easy to get at. The whole thing can be bought at pets at home and I got 2 and paid £4.99 each. They're called 'coup cups' or 'bird bowl' or something.

Hope this solves someone's problems. Let me know if anybody has and other ideas for this kind of thing

I use a heavy dog bowl as well £1 each from Poundland never seen them roll one over yet

is that the ceramic ones ?

Yep and there also good for putting ice cubes and a bit of water in during hot weather keeps the stinkers cool and ocupied ,

I use a heavy dog bowl as well £1 each from Poundland never seen them roll one over yet

is that the ceramic ones ?

Yep and there also good for putting ice cubes and a bit of water in during hot weather keeps the stinkers cool and ocupied ,

cheers the local pet shop is a bit expensive for the same :thumbs: i can get 3 now from poundland :whistling: