Heart is actually muscle like meat rather than offal. Like any food though you need to feed other things too as it may be lacking in some vitamins. Variety is always best.

I used to have a water monitor and the staple of his diet was lamb heart but I made sure I fed him other things here and there too.

i feed heart all the time , lamb heats are a good winter feed as they have more fat around them and pig hearts are a good summer feed as there very low in fat , i feed mine raw we mince them into icecream tubs and freeze them down for 1 week then feed raw with a bit of csj as a mixer we also feed raw tripe and household scrapes and all our dogs do well on it

Pig Hearts are no problem to feed, however, it's best to freeze them for 24-48 hours to remove the risk of pseudo-rabies in the same way you'd freeze beef to kill off neospora

Hope this helps.....

:blink:

Sorry, can you please explain this, never heard of it?? :laugh:

Pig Hearts are no problem to feed, however, it's best to freeze them for 24-48 hours to remove the risk of pseudo-rabies in the same way you'd freeze beef to kill off neospora

Hope this helps.....

pseudo rabies ? whats all that about !!!!! noncence me thinks :blink:

Hope this helps.....

pseudo rabies ? whats all that about !!!!! noncence me thinks :blink:

I think so too, some mad heads on her thats for sure. :D

Guess I'm the only one with google that works then never heard of pseudo rabies before guess you learn something new every day :thumbs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudorabies

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/dog/health/viral/pseudorabies.php

ok cant argue with that ;) how many dogs do you hear about in the u/k that have suffered from it ? dont think its an issue in the u/k :thumbs: