proven stock

Hello boys and girls,

what’s you views on proven running dogs, and buying pups with little known background?

For instance, a friend of mine on here "bullmastif" had a cracking lurcher called Roo who he got from a home, he didn’t know his background but the dog was a class act! Anyone what knows bullmastiff and Roo will vouch for that!

Also a friend of mine bought a pure whippet pup last year, from an advert in the paper with record of a working background and dog is retrieving live to hand, and is a little corker!

So the question is...is it really the breeding stock or is it the owner / time and effort, or ?

cheers

langouroux

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good dog man can't make a bad dog great ! And a bad dog man will deffinately make a good dog bad !! It's a mix between breeding, upbringing, and, most importantly, LUCK !! But it DOES help to have a

Can't remember who said it but "the more work I put in, the luckier I get!" Or some such.   Cheers, D.

I am honest, and I don't consider myself a "top dogman", my scenerio was just hypothetical. If I have a dog that doesn't make the top grade, (and most of them don't), then I just make the most of it a

Hello boys and girls,

what’s you views on proven running dogs, and buying pups with little known background?

For instance, a friend of mine on here "bullmastif" had a cracking lurcher called Roo who he got from a home, he didn’t know his background but the dog was a class act! Anyone what knows bullmastiff and Roo will vouch for that!

Also a friend of mine bought a pure whippet pup last year, from an advert in the paper with record of a working background and dog is retrieving live to hand, and is a little corker!

So the question is...is it really the breeding stock or is it the owner / time and effort, or ?

cheers

langouroux

if youve got both your on to a winner but some idiots will fukc the best bred dogs up an some messers dont know a good dog an just pass em on cause there bored wikth it lets face it pal over 70 % of people into lurchers are either messers or dabblers or just plain clueless thats why theres so many dealers an peddlars to cater for the pricks its big money cause theres so many about

A good dog man can't make a bad dog great ! And a bad dog man will deffinately make a good dog bad !! It's a mix between breeding, upbringing, and, most importantly, LUCK !! But it DOES help to have a well bred pup, not neccesarily from workers, but preferably.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 2

A good dog man can't make a bad dog great ! And a bad dog man will deffinately make a good dog bad !! It's a mix between breeding, upbringing, and, most importantly, LUCK !! But it DOES help to have a well bred pup, not neccesarily from workers, but preferably.

Cheers.

theres no such thing as luck luck is like god it dont exist pal :thumbs:

Cheers.

Everone has their own opinion on things like luck and god; but if you are the best dog man in the world and buy the best bred pup in the world, and it turns out shite..... then I would put that down to bad luck, karma, whatever you want to call it, but then again; who knows ? :thumbs:

Cheers.

Finding a pup which is bred from genuine working lines is hard enough these days and by genuine I mean you know the Dam and Sire were actually doing the job they were bred for. But if you do get a pup from working parents it usually outshines a pup from none working stock, but obviously you might get the odd jem, you pays your money and takes your chance.

Hello boys and girls,

cheers

langouroux

if youve got both your on to a winner but some idiots will fukc the best bred dogs up an some messers dont know a good dog an just pass em on cause there bored wikth it lets face it pal over 70 % of people into lurchers are either messers or dabblers or just plain clueless thats why theres so many dealers an peddlars to cater for the pricks its big money cause theres so many about

excatly mate well said

Cheers.

Everone has their own opinion on things like luck and god; but if you are the best dog man in the world and buy the best bred pup in the world, and it turns out shite..... then I would put that down to bad luck, karma, whatever you want to call it, but then again; who knows ? :thumbs:

Cheers.

But if you're honest, if most of those who see, or regard themselves as 'top dogmen' bought a well bred pup and it turned out shite - they'd blame allsorts rather than take it on the chin that it might have something to do with their own shortcomings!!! The dog would be a jacking c**t, the breeder would be a retarded asshole, puppy farmer or peddaling twat at the very least he'd know totally f**k all to do with dogs!. It would be f**k all to do with him!

Cheers.

Cheers.

But if you're honest, if most of those who see, or regard themselves as 'top dogmen' bought a well bred pup and it turned out shite - they'd blame allsorts rather than take it on the chin that it might have something to do with their own shortcomings!!! The dog would be a jacking c**t, the breeder would be a retarded asshole, puppy farmer or peddaling twat at the very least he'd know totally f**k all to do with dogs!. It would be f**k all to do with him!

I am honest, and I don't consider myself a "top dogman", my scenerio was just hypothetical. If I have a dog that doesn't make the top grade, (and most of them don't), then I just make the most of it and enjoy what the dog CAN do.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Cheers.

Cheers.

I am honest, and I don't consider myself a "top dogman", my scenerio was just hypothetical. If I have a dog that doesn't make the top grade, (and most of them don't), then I just make the most of it and enjoy what the dog CAN do.

Cheers.

anything with at least half greyhound in its make up can be turned into something serviceable to lamp or ferret with too many people trying for world beaters the lurcher world is full of messing egits that ant a clue sad but true

Cheers.

No suck thing as luck off course there is,so you can walk in and pick a world beater out off a litter off 11, 12 pups dont think so you need a bit off luck when your picking a pup

Cheers.

No suck thing as luck off course there is,so you can walk in and pick a world beater out off a litter off 11, 12 pups dont think so you need a bit off luck when your picking a pup

hows luck got owt to do with anything they turn out however there bred what is luck then ? things just happen or you make them happen luck is like god its in peoples head things will still happen either way

Cheers.

hows luck got owt to do with anything they turn out however there bred what is luck then ? things just happen or you make them happen luck is like god its in peoples head things will still happen either way

Yuo've just answered your own question; "things just happen" !! There is an element of luck in anything we do. If you are a fatalist, that's ok; but I and many others believe in luck, or chance, or whatever you want to call it. But back to the topic; just 'cause a pup is bred in the purple and has the best owner doesn't mean it will turn out top class ! It's probably got a better "chance", just like a pup from non-descript parents can turn out great !! Though with a lesser chance... but of course you don't believe in chance or luck; so by your theory, all well bred pups will be good, whereas all pups from unproven stock will be shite !! Fortunately it dosen't work that way !

Cheers.

Cheers.

id have no luck if it wasnt for bad luck :tongue2:

Cheers.

You can have the best breeding in the world .The best food best up bringing but still turn out shit why because you picked the wrong pup but how did you pick up the wrong pup with the breeding in it and the up bringing you give that pup how did it turn out shit????

And at the same time another man can have pup out off same litter brought up on same food and brought up the same way and turn out a world beater so how did he do this????

Because he was lucky when he picked his pup as simple as that.