Wheatens and Wheaten Crosses

you never see or hear of proper working wheaten for obvious reasons and so it should be

scent, is it true they should have both ears tatood?

not unless they are teeth marks lol

obviously you dont know wat im talking about.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hate to break this to you but YOU are on THE NET talking about hunting

If this bitch (fly) you don't think highly off why did you take pups out off her????

So that is one dog,im not doubting there is any chrisbullx,im saying is there is so few. So does chris hickling have ALL the breeding for the wheaten used or like my previous post says is this the equ

Posted Images

Iceman if rabbitracer the bloke I'm thinking of he only runs deer mate!! She mite not b the best deer dog in the world mate but she 100% on stuff with teeth let me tell u!! U can a mongrel off the street that will go in 2 deer!! Atb cbx

you done much on deer preban?dont sound like mate .....99% of dogs will chase deer .....but see what they really like when you do it often

Honest mate I'm can't be arsed to argue with you mate but a deer is f**k all to a good wheaton x and bull x mate let's and they wasn't bred for deer mate they were bred for stuff with teeth and that's what use my dogs for something worth killing and that will fight back!! Stags do have a go but f**k all to shout about atb cbx

lets just leave this as you sound a youngster starting off in dog world,but one bit of advice mate,get out and do a bit before writing on here ....atb

Iceman if rabbitracer the bloke I'm thinking of he only runs deer mate!! She mite not b the best deer dog in the world mate but she 100% on stuff with teeth let me tell u!! U can a mongrel off the street that will go in 2 deer!! Atb cbx

you done much on deer preban?dont sound like mate .....99% of dogs will chase deer .....but see what they really like when you do it often

Honest mate I'm can't be arsed to argue with you mate but a deer is f**k all to a good wheaton x and bull x mate let's and they wasn't bred for deer mate they were bred for stuff with teeth and that's what use my dogs for something worth killing and that will fight back!! Stags do have a go but f**k all to shout about atb cbx

lets just leave this as you sound a youngster starting off in dog world,but one bit of advice mate,get out and do a bit before writing on here ....atb

best agree to disagree or a decent thread will just turn into yet another THL slanging match :thumbs:

Fireman

Tyler is a very good dog imo , 3/4 grey 1/4 kerry , he is nearly 7 year old , he hasn't had it easy , he has taken most game frequently ,he has done most of his work with a front toe missing and you wouldnt know , he ferrets ,shows , races and is good with other dogs and kids and is good as ever for another seasons work , he isnt my dog and isnt available for stud so this isnt an advert for him just the way i see it , why wouldnt anyone be easily pleased with him . Yes from what i hear most people are very happy with the pups out of Heather / Tyler and the pups from Fly / tigger , i have one of each litter and im very happy with both of them . Putting fly to a straight grey was frowned upon at the time but im glad i did it now coz they are some cracking animals and im really looking forward to working chaos this season , heres chaos and gyp a few weeks ago

DSC_0390-1-1.jpg

bash016.jpg

hey mate i think ive got the litter brother to that dog i bought it off CH a few mounths ago hes called jake. he is a big strong dog that i hope 2 bring on this season ill try and put some pictures on off him for you if u like? atb young fella

Fireman

Tyler is a very good dog imo , 3/4 grey 1/4 kerry , he is nearly 7 year old , he hasn't had it easy , he has taken most game frequently ,he has done most of his work with a front toe missing and you wouldnt know , he ferrets ,shows , races and is good with other dogs and kids and is good as ever for another seasons work , he isnt my dog and isnt available for stud so this isnt an advert for him just the way i see it , why wouldnt anyone be easily pleased with him . Yes from what i hear most people are very happy with the pups out of Heather / Tyler and the pups from Fly / tigger , i have one of each litter and im very happy with both of them . Putting fly to a straight grey was frowned upon at the time but im glad i did it now coz they are some cracking animals and im really looking forward to working chaos this season , heres chaos and gyp a few weeks ago

DSC_0390-1-1.jpg

bash016.jpg

hey mate i think ive got the litter brother to that dog i bought it off CH a few mounths ago hes called jake. he is a big strong dog that i hope 2 bring on this season ill try and put some pictures on off him for you if u like? atb young fella

You certainly have got the litter brother to my dog chaos you came to my place to buy him , how is he doing , it would be nice to see some pics of him .

4 kerry , he is nearly 7 year old , he hasn

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af264/thegovenor/DSC_0390-1-1.jpg' alt='DSC_0390-1-1.jpg'>

bash016.jpg

You certainly have got the litter brother to my dog chaos you came to my place to buy him , how is he doing , it would be nice to see some pics of him .

a> hes doin well mate hes a big old dog shud make a decent all rounder i think

ive just bought a wheaton greyhound.. sir was 1/4 wheaton 3/4 grey and dam was 5/8 grey 3/8 wheaton.. i had been looking for a weaton cross for some time. i didnt want a 1st cross as i tink there not fast enough for what i want. this pup is 100% so far much more outgoin than my old saluki x grey x whip was at that age. il show him a few rabbits the end of next season then start him proper working 2 seasons from now. thanks for reading.

Deerman how can you compare a deer dog to a dog that does stuff with teeth you can't mate its like compareing a rabbiting terrier to a digging terrier if ask me want to get out more!! you a tippicle deer man!! Deer dogs don't come in the same league as dogs that do stuff with teeth!! I would never have a dog that just does deer or I wouldn't breed from a dog that does deer!!! Atb cbx

making silly comments like you did about any mongrel will go into deer proves you havent done much ...my dogs werent just deer dogs preban .....heres one for you to think about, deer kill dogs does stuff with teeth ?and i dont mean the odd one where dog has had a heart attack etc ..you got bull x?what lines they from?

Deerman how can you compare a deer dog to a dog that does stuff with teeth you can't mate its like compareing a rabbiting terrier to a digging terrier if ask me want to get out more!! you a tippicle deer man!! Deer dogs don't come in the same league as dogs that do stuff with teeth!! I would never have a dog that just does deer or I wouldn't breed from a dog that does deer!!! Atb cbx

Chris have you ever seen a lucher take a kick off a big deer?????? and the damage it can do?????

Never mind the antlers that can kill if put in the right place???? Its OK saying your dog does things with teeth have dogs that do that as well but when its comes to deer the wrong move can be the last move????

i have had 3 dogs killed doing deer 1 kerry blue x greyhound bitch hard as nails took a sika stag by the mouth flipped him and got an antilar through the rib cage a 1st x wheaten greyhound dragged over a fence and ripped from his chest to his back legs by a fence post had to PTS there and then and a collie greyhound dog rammed into the ground by a sika red hybred but i have never had a dog killed by a fox .deer can be taken handy but when they decide to fight back they are harder than anything that bites back

Clown :doh:

deer dogs preban of course and of course single handed dogs not doubled ,on the larger species fallow reds sika takes a very decent animal few and far between but they are out there .has for comments on easy this easy that well it can be made to look easy when one his in the posesion of a good schooled animal who knows his buisness and how to go about the job in hand in the correct manner .has for teethed quarry which his what they are the top deer dogs of the heavy variety dont have no probs with these either ,forget about roe dogs and idont disrespect any animal capable of taking these in numbers ,but weare talking about premier dogs when you are taking them has regular has the next man takes his conies. And when you have seen such a animal at it ,because make no bones about it thehandler has to be on the ball working has a team to get this job done on a regular basis seen three reds taken one after the other single handed in the space of an hr, before the so and sos pipe up and say cant be done well every one his entitled to there oppinion ,but this his why out there no matter what breed type of animal one keeps there his allways those one league above the majority. atb best folks and for those of you in possesionof great dogs good luck but what i will say keep them close and keep it quiet because ther his always some one willing to grasp them from you .atb bunnys.