post-33449-0-53199600-1305478873_thumb.jpg

plus anyone now how to kill mares tail weeds

Looks like a wild perenial to me mate, snapdragon or simular.

Now as far as the mares tale goes, not bloody easy mate, i burn it myself and cover with plastic sheets.

It is thought to have survived from the dinosaur times, i think the Romans brought it over to plant on the railway lines.

Some weed killers will have a go at it but because of its waxy exterior not good enough, unless you crush the plant first.

I dont think you relly ever get rid of it, more like keep it under control TBH, it doesnt take much from the ground though.

I don't think thats snap dragon, it look's like a wild orchid of some sort... I get marsh orchid's in my orchard, they have a black spot to their leaf and are really quite lovely. I know some are quite rare so I'd be inclined to leave them if they aren't bothering you?

Toni :)

It could be a Marsh Orchid Fragle. Get yourself a second hand book on wild flowers, they're cheap enough. I always carry one when I'm in work, makes the day a little bit more interesting.