BICYCLE ATTACHMENT

has anybody use this product or anything similar ?persoanly i don,t see the point but if someone can but me right on this i,m all ears,2 me doglead rapped round handgrip with your on top does the jod ,i know that the dog can dead stop for the toilet or try and do somthink different 2 you but regardless you have be alert at all times cos accident do and will happen

there is one called walky dog which is ok its about 30 pounds. ive ran my rotties on these and never been pulled off infact ive ran a bull mastiff and my rottie together with no problems. ive managed to get hold of a different type of one but im not sure what its called but i will put a photo up for you mate later. good thing about these is it has springs so the dog cant pull you off, cant get caught in the wheels which has happened to me when i have just used a lead and because its on the side of the bike the dog is under your control at all times and really builds up the front end of the dog due to the dog pulling forward to stay with you. it think they are great :thumbs:

I was also wondering what the benefits of this piece of equipment, as I also just used to let the dog run behind the bike, was thinking of a cycle path, but a lot of loose Dogs about, and if one went for my Dog,it would not be able to make a quick escape.

On the country lanes where I exercise the dogs on the bike, the main hazzard I get is a squirell or a rabbitt darting accross on in front of you !! :icon_eek: .

I always try and have a few loops of the lead loose in my hand so at least when I see the rabbit or squirrell it gives me a chance to get my arse off the saddle and my feet on the ground before the inevitable " TWANG" as the lead gets tested by the dog !!lol.

Trouble is you have to have a much longer lead, but thats a small price to pay, other than coursing and working, it's the best sort of exercise you can give your dog IMHO, good for feet, stamina, muscle condition all sorts(and it gets a few pounds off me as well, not that theres any spare in the first place you understand :icon_redface: !?!)

B

:thumbs:

Hi, can you not just get the dog to 'heel' whilst on the bike, it saves alot of hassle matey? :victory:

Even when something tasty crosses your path??? Gotta admit my dogs can't be very well trained as they hit the fast forward button if anything bigger than a rabbit comes into view :icon_redface::laugh: :laugh:

Hi, can you not just get the dog to 'heel' whilst on the bike, it saves alot of hassle matey? :victory:

i did that and thought it was goin well untill the dog gave chase to my left :laugh:

alot safer to run with your dog and alot better for your own fitness :thumbs:

:icon_redface:

Even when something tasty crosses your path??? Gotta admit my dogs can't be very well trained as they hit the fast forward button if anything bigger than a rabbit comes into view :icon_redface::laugh: :laugh:

Forgot.... :icon_redface: Theres very little game about in my area so it has never happened, save perhaps the odd grey squirrel. My mistake.... :victory:

Of course if you really want to build up your dog then one of these is the answer! Apparently a growing sport around the world. Bully lurchers should really enjoy the challenge LOL but more sensitive types might not learn to pull so well. Have a look on Youtube there's loads of vids on dry land mushing and dog scootering.

http://www.pawtrekker.com/viewproductbottom.asp?id=31&catsel=51

Of course if you really want to build up your dog then one of these is the answer! Apparently a growing sport around the world. Bully lurchers should really enjoy the challenge LOL but more sensitive types might not learn to pull so well. Have a look on Youtube there's loads of vids on dry land mushing and dog scootering.

http://www.pawtrekke...id=31&catsel=51

there is a group of people that come to my area every year and do this, i think they travel around the country during the summer months, there are all sorts of dogs involved from jrt to collies and there are one or two huskies aswell, all the smaller dogs work in a team and the bigger ones work with the rider only, it's great to watch.:thumbs: