Pups First Bunny!

Just took Tilly, my 10 month old pup out for the last time before leaving her at my parents for 2 weeks while we go away. Thought I'd make the most of the rain and give her a good run about with the ball aswell as finally the ground's softened up a bit. And also, my new Hunter catapult has just arrived in the post so fancied getting a bit of practice in.

Didn't see any rabbits for over an hour and non of the crows or pigeons were in range to have a pop at with my catty, she has a good run around though. Just before heading back to the car I decided to take her for a quick run through the woods where there are usually rabbits but they're always close to thick cover. Still nothing around but then just as we're leaving the woods a little squeaker comes running around the corner and then shoots into some brambles, I got a shot off but missed. My pup saw where it had gone and went steaming into the cover after it. I started to walk off as I thought she didn't stand a chance in such heavy cover but then heard said squeaker squealing :boogie::boogie:

Looked through the cover and there's Tilly giving the bunny a good shake. I shouted good girl and called her out but she came out and left the rabbit in there, when I told her to go and get it she went back in but started looking for other rabbits. Not a chance that rabbit was staying in them bushes so off I went wading through the brambles to retreive what in truth turned out to be one of the smallest rabbits in the world! This did have its advantages cos I put it in a poo bag and carried it back to the car in my pocket, quite a few ramblers around so it was quite convenient. Seriously made up though! I must have looked like a proper loon soaking wet, leaves in my hair, scratched to feck from the brambles and smiling my head off.

Took a couple of snaps in the car, don't think Tilly knew whether she was supposed to have killed the rabbit or not judging by the depressed look on her face :laugh: Cut it open when I got home and she scoffed it and is now having a snooze, not exactly on a full stomach but I'm gonna treat her to a whopping steak tonight as a reward. First of many I hope!! :toast:

post-39567-0-86131300-1304770749_thumb.jpg

What do you mean where's the rabbit, it's a monster!!!! I had to sit her away from it for the pic so she didn't accidently breath it in!

Cheers for the comments, it might be a titch but it's a start.

What do you mean where's the rabbit, it's a monster!!!! I had to sit her away from it for the pic so she didn't accidently breath it in!

That made me laugh.Well done Tilly.

My dog had one like that the other day, i call them funsize :laugh: .....I'll never forget my dog getting his 1st rabbit, great feeling....well done Tilly :thumbs: :thumbs:

hahaha, a youngster catching a youngster,gotta start somewhere mate...an no matter what the size its still a buzz when your dog catches its first bunny........all the best rob