Update on Airedale crosses

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last one for the moment: takes ages having to put them up separately: how do I put a slide show on from Photobucket?

Seen your article in the countrymans weekly a few weeks ago about these dogs good read. Mate of mine has an airdale x bull grey about the same age as yours big chunky dog but hes not bred for rabbits.

isnt it funny i remember when you first put this topic up, and how quickly people were putting the accidental mateing down . the breeding will be know good etc etc. i think the first part of the story

Posted Images

She looks so different to mine doesn't she. Your's looks almost as though she could be a Bull cross LOL, whereas mine show much more of the Saluki influence. I love the head of yours.

:o:o :o :o :o

LOL.... I can only think it must be the camera angle again.. to me she is more sighthound shaped than she is Airedale..even skinnier than my Whippet/bull-grey

But she may fill out a bit as she grows up....

Mars

isnt it funny i remember when you first put this topic up, and how quickly people were putting the accidental mateing down . the breeding will be know good etc etc. i think the first part of the story has been succesful ie the training hasnt been too bad considering the stubborness of the saluki and there condition looks very much as any working lurcher for there age . the next step will be proving there self in the field , i think they will and looking forward too the up dates. where will the doubters be then , exactly, no where too be seen . accidents happen through all warps of life , lets hope this accident will prove to be a good one :victory:

• Like 1

Penny are you sure theres no hyeana in the breeding as Nim comes back with something dead every time i take him out :laugh::laugh: .Hes started to slow down growth wise now hes just over 26" and he weighs 65lb at nearly 10 months old.His nose is exellent when out in the field and usually puts something up,hes very birdy and has twice come back with a mouthful of pheasant tail feathers although he hides behind the sofa if im in the house with the Hawk :icon_redface:.He also has an incredibly loud deep bark and takes his guarding very seriously,this may come possibly from the airedale side.Im pleased to say he is everything i had hoped for and more...Thankyou again for a cracking dog

Adey: they do seem to have a slightly feral thing going on LOL Mine are the same, anything dead: thank God they haven't yet decided to roll in such things :laugh: Hope you don't mind, I've put up the photo of your's that you sent me. He seems a lot more Airedaly than mine, and possibly the other bitches too. Has the bird footed him at some time for him to be so worried about it? Though I guess its better he's wary of it than the other way round!

post-5156-0-15916500-1304924594_thumb.jpg

Hes never been footed by the hawk but if the dogs get to close the hawk opens his wings and screams at them which sends them scappering.Forgot to say he is very friendly with both people and other dogs when out but he is very protective in the house and garden.

Edited by adeyhawk1970

Hes never been footed by the hawk but if the dogs get to close the hawk opens his wings and screams at them which sends them scappering.Forgot to say he is very friendly with both people and other dogs when out but he is very protective in the house and garden.

He looks a strong dog Adey... Seems like they all like to use their nose, mine to finds all sorts of stuff..

She is also good with other dogs and with people " If They Have a Dog With Them "

If not then she is wary of strangers

Oh and Skycat...It seems that i`ve got the one that likes to roll in stuff :laugh:

As after most walks i have to wash something smelly of her.... :laugh:

Mars...