Ghillie jacket

Been thinking of making one for a while, and after watching garys video yesterday i got cracking, trip into town for some fabric glue and thick green wool, then a rummage at the back of the garage for some old cammo clothes and netting.

I had an old plain green jacket in the wardrobe so thats the base of my make.

The jacket.

ghillie001.jpg

First bits of netting and wool on

ghillie002.jpg

I also cut an old pair of cammo trousers into strips and sprayed the inside material brown (as it was white)

ghillie003.jpg

Just building up the layers.

ghillie007.jpg

Nearly there.

ghillie004.jpg

ghillie005.jpg

Finished

ghillie006.jpg

ghillie009.jpg

ghillie008.jpg

Total cost of make

one old jacket

old camo trousers

old cammo netting

green wool £2.00

fabric glue £4.50

Edited by millsy44

nice one mate, but in the 8th photo id have put ya hand bag down, hate for folk to start takeing the piss :whistling: :whistling:

Haha nob!! lol its my camera bag and its on the door handle!! ;) Theres always one who spots "compromising" poses!! haha

When u coming up matey?? me and Smoggyadam have just got some blinding new permissions, never been shot and lots of quarry :gunsmilie:

nice one mate, but in the 8th photo id have put ya hand bag down, hate for folk to start takeing the piss :whistling: :whistling:

Haha nob!! lol its my camera bag and its on the door handle!! ;) Theres always one who spots "compromising" poses!! haha

When u coming up matey?? me and Smoggyadam have just got some blinding new permissions, never been shot and lots of quarry :gunsmilie:

yah yah the "camera bag" corse it is.:laugh: . get cought in compromising poses often????

i'm not shure when ill be able to get up pal works a bit full on at the min, have to let you no when i get a full weekend off..

let me no how you get on with the jacket pal,, found my ghilli to be very good for the featherd kind..

atb

Andy

Been thinking of making one for a while, and after watching garys video yesterday i got cracking, trip into town for some fabric glue and thick green wool, then a rummage at the back of the garage for some old cammo clothes and netting.

I had an old plain green jacket in the wardrobe so thats the base of my make.

The jacket.

ghillie001.jpg

First bits of netting and wool on

ghillie002.jpg

I also cut an old pair of cammo trousers into strips and sprayed the inside material brown (as it was white)

ghillie003.jpg

Just building up the layers.

ghillie007.jpg

Nearly there.

ghillie004.jpg

ghillie005.jpg

Finished

ghillie006.jpg

ghillie009.jpg

ghillie008.jpg

Total cost of make

one old jacket

old camo trousers

old cammo netting

green wool £2.00

fabric glue £4.50

looking good millsy buddy not sure about the hand bag mind lol

atb gary

SEE WHAT YOUVE STARTED ANDY!!! lol You tool!!! :cry: haha

Cheers lads, its gotta be better than real tree :thumbs: ill be out next week sometime to test it out, ill take the camera and get smoggy adam to take some photos, plus ill do one of my "famous" write ups :whistling: with loads of pictures of our new 280 acre permission and hopefully a bag full of quarry, we had a good look round when we went up and seen alot of species that need reducing :gunsmilie:

Cheers alex, gary and bill (dont you start aswell bill son shiiiiine!!) haha

Atb boys, peter

P.S markha your not suggesting i support my local team middlesborough are you.....................id rather take up netball supporting :tongue2:

Edited by millsy44

Cheers lads, its gotta be better than real tree :thumbs: ill be out next week sometime to test it out, ill take the camera and get smoggy adam to take some photos, plus ill do one of my "famous" write ups :whistling: with loads of pictures of our new 280 acre permission and hopefully a bag full of quarry, we had a good look round when we went up and seen alot of species that need reducing :gunsmilie:

Atb boys, peter

P.S markha your not suggesting i support my local team middlesborough are you.....................id rather take up netball supporting :tongue2:

i started nothing :whistling: but what is it with them bits of white wool hanging out ya shorts......:hmm:

cant wait to read and see the pics of you in one of your "famous poses" oopps no sorry i mean write ups...

atb buddy

Atb boys, peter

i started nothing :whistling: but what is it with them bits of white wool hanging out ya shorts......:hmm:

cant wait to read and see the pics of you in one of your "famous poses" oopps no sorry i mean write ups...

atb buddy

Hi Andy.

Handbag was harsh.......its clearly a purse.....as for taking the pizz, .......NEVER :laugh:

Atb boys, peter

atb buddy

Hi Andy.

Handbag was harsh.......its clearly a purse.....as for taking the pizz, .......NEVER :laugh:

sorry my bad..... purse, man bag, hand bag, call it what ya like is wrong any way u look at it.:D