beddy/grey

had a heavily blooded beddy cross years ago[beddy/whip/grey never yapped mate and was mustard on the bunny lacked that top gear for hares but would have ago at fox but was just not big enough

Edited by nighteyes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen a few beddy/greys over the years and none of them yapped though a few whippet/beddys opend up.IMHO the beddy lurcher can be a good handy cross in its own right but i have seen better lurchers [bA

There is some real good bedligtons still going to ground in the darkest corners of the shire black and White

had a heavily blooded beddy cross years ago[beddy/whip/grey never yapped mate and was mustard on the bunny lacked that top gear for hares but would have ago at fox but was just not big enough

well have to say fom what iv been reading on them,from what iv seen and what lads have told me the idea of owning one was short lived :D re-think time :hmm:

Seen a few beddy/greys over the years and none of them yapped though a few whippet/beddys opend up.IMHO the beddy lurcher can be a good handy cross in its own right but i have seen better lurchers [bANNED TEXT] the beddy/grey is crossed backed to another lurcher type.

• Like 1

Bedlington crosses were popular around my area years ago and were mostly used for daytime/ferreting. The ones I saw on the lamp were fine as long as they caught, but if they missed they hunted up like f**k! Don't know if it was down to the way they were trained, but it put me off them as lamp dogs.

well have to say fom what iv been reading on them,from what iv seen and what lads have told me the idea of owning one was short lived :D re-think time :hmm:

How about a first cross deerhound greyhound? I cant speak from expereince as mine hasnt started yet. I think mine will end at 25 to 26 inch so should do a bit of everything I hope. doxhope/cooklands generally come up smaller than some 1st xs.

I never picked mine out but she was a runt and shes about 23 half to 24 at 7 month, If you picked a small bitch pup she might suite you I know the idea of ending up with a 30 inch giant puts people off going down this road.

1st x can be stuburn 3/4 x easier to handle prey drive is emense on these xs bred right some 1st xs open up on the lamp but not alot put the time in with them and youl have a dog that will give its best for you,i start mine off on the lamp thats the first rabbit they see hopefully does help with stoping the hunting up part when they use their eyes i give them the chance to use their nose.works for me atb

How about a first cross deerhound greyhound? I cant speak from expereince as mine hasnt started yet. I think mine will end at 25 to 26 inch so should do a bit of everything I hope. doxhope/cooklands generally come up smaller than some 1st xs.

I never picked mine out but she was a runt and shes about 23 half to 24 at 7 month, If you picked a small bitch pup she might suite you I know the idea of ending up with a 30 inch giant puts people off going down this road.

i was interested in a litter put on here long while back now should of gone with my first instinct and bought one,may well be worth my while,iv never seen one run but im wanting a dog with good feet and something with that little bit extra for retrieving the odd shot fox,certainly dont want a 30tts lump of a dog but anything up to 26 tts would be to my liking :thumbs:

Seen a few beddy/greys over the years and none of them yapped though a few whippet/beddys opend up.IMHO the beddy lurcher can be a good handy cross in its own right but i have seen better lurchers [bANNED TEXT] the beddy/grey is crossed backed to another lurcher type.

trouble is iv never had any problems with the few types iv had,hate to go through the rearing only to find my poor dogmanship(is that a word :D )proves to produce a yapper that i could not put up with,and yes i know cant fault them all but a bit off puttting to hear this problem all to often mentioned

cheers i always respect your opinions :thumbs:

LURCHER X LURCHER WILL DO THE JOB YOU WANT MATE :thumbs:

yeah i know mate,just need someone in the know to put me onto a decent litter ;) instead of me trolling through pups for sale and second guessing,about time i had a decent dog :D