coursing

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good dogs will run and kill them anywhere,but as sum of the men have stated its horses for coures, but the real goodins you can take them anywhere,a lot of the best dogs in england wud struggle in ire

Mark H AKA Markbrick

This one was pretty good,, whipp/grey x deer/grey,, she cought them regular,, very fast bitch with a good strike, about 3 mins in the tank  

Hmmm friend or for cantona :laugh:

general observation :thumbs: , although i cant see why the fen men think there dogs are any better or any worse ,there dogs would be no use for me, but my dogs wouldnt stay long in there kennells, horses for courses as already said

Hmmm friend or for cantona :laugh:

general observation :thumbs: , although i cant see why the fen men think there dogs are any better or any worse ,there dogs would be no use for me, but my dogs wouldnt stay long in there kennells, horses for courses as already said

Exactly pal exactly :victory:

Many moons ago, my uncle had a fairly good dog called Jim. He got his fair share of hares on the biggest land that was close, that being Pocklington. Until the Law intervened that is and they were all summonsed. :gunsmilie: But, i'm pretty certain that although Jim could do those hares he would have probably been blown away if he had got onto a decent strong fen hare. I think there is a major difference between going out and running the odd hare, and going hare coursing.... :boogie:

I do find it interesting that the one thing those that slag fenland hares/hare coursers off have in common is...that they haven't been there and done it. You don't hear a peep from those that have been and sampled the class lagomorphs that can be found on the biggest of land.....Funny that. :whistling:

At the risk of getting banned, can I ask you to define what you class as coursing?

As for slagging the fens, i can't speak for everyone but it's the style of running that I slag. I know the fen guys thinks it's great watching a hare towing a dog about for 6,7,8 minutes but it isn't everyones cup of tea. I reckon the fen coursers enjoy it because it gets results, no other reason. It certainly can't be for the entertainment value cos I would rather watch caravans getting towed down the m74 :blink:

Baw, Like i said, go there, run them, come back and then you can slag them from experience. I really can't be bothered going round and around in circles when you already seem to know all about the fens etc.

If you run them see how many 6 minute courses you get...... :whistling:

:notworthy:

Happy Hunting....JD

who would want to run a match on small shitty fields with bad fences ect ?

Just out of interest, what percentage do you think this country has small fields compared to large open expanses like the fens? Atleast 90 percent of the uk is smallish fields. So by that reckoning 90 of the dogs are bred for this type of terrain but unfortunately the 10 percent left have the biggest egos. Fen guys don't want to run tight fields cod they know the odds are stacked in favour of the hare for a change and we can't have that. Unfortunately I've had my wings clipped so won't be participating in your interesting debate as much as I'd like, all the better I hear you say :thumbs:

the more every one hears from this man the more every one sees what a LEMON he is.

have you looked at aireial pictures of east anglia?

Its not called the bread basket of england for nothing! england is full of land mass with very little cover.

I admit I dont know much but at least I dont go wadeing in on subject I know nothing about and in the process become the biggest lobb on the hunting life! :laugh: keep your rubbish coming all you have to do is play it down that you were just having a joke as you normally do. :no:

Edited by baldockbanks courser

Many moons ago, my uncle had a fairly good dog called Jim. He got his fair share of hares on the biggest land that was close, that being Pocklington. Until the Law intervened that is and they were all summonsed. :gunsmilie: But, i'm pretty certain that although Jim could do those hares he would have probably been blown away if he had got onto a decent strong fen hare. I think there is a major difference between going out and running the odd hare, and going hare coursing.... :boogie:

I do find it interesting that the one thing those that slag fenland hares/hare coursers off have in common is...that they haven't been there and done it. You don't hear a peep from those that have been and sampled the class lagomorphs that can be found on the biggest of land.....Funny that. :whistling:

At the risk of getting banned, can I ask you to define what you class as coursing?

As for slagging the fens, i can't speak for everyone but it's the style of running that I slag. I know the fen guys thinks it's great watching a hare towing a dog about for 6,7,8 minutes but it isn't everyones cup of tea. I reckon the fen coursers enjoy it because it gets results, no other reason. It certainly can't be for the entertainment value cos I would rather watch caravans getting towed down the m74 :blink:

Baw, Like i said, go there, run them, come back and then you can slag them from experience. I really can't be bothered going round and around in circles when you already seem to know all about the fens etc.

If you run them see how many 6 minute courses you get...... :whistling:

:notworthy:

Happy Hunting....JD

:thumbs: I only referred to the 6 minute courses cos the length of a course seems to be the yard stick. There was even a supposed fen guy on here recently who said anything under 3 minutes was a bad hare. I don't want to run the fens cos it doesn't hold the appeal to me as it clearly does others. Each to there own mate :thumbs:

Just out of interest, what percentage do you think this country has small fields compared to large open expanses like the fens? Atleast 90 percent of the uk is smallish fields. So by that reckoning 90 of the dogs are bred for this type of terrain but unfortunately the 10 percent left have the biggest egos. Fen guys don't want to run tight fields cod they know the odds are stacked in favour of the hare for a change and we can't have that. Unfortunately I've had my wings clipped so won't be participating in your interesting debate as much as I'd like, all the better I hear you say :thumbs:

the more every one hears from this man the more every one sees what a LEMON he is.

Its not called the bread basket of england for nothing! england is full of land mass with very little cover.

I admit I dont know much but at least I dont go wadeing in on subject I know nothing about and in the process become the biggest lobb on the hunting life! :laugh: keep your rubbish coming all you have to do is play it down that you were just having a joke as you normally do. :no:

Baldrick, you finally admit you don't know much, well done son, your half way there :toast: As for the aerial views, what is it with you and helicopters, your obsessed :blink:

Clearly you and Jamie have a deficiency of grey matter between the ears, I shall try and explain again.... The majority of running land in the uk is made up of much smaller fields than the fens have to offer. So by that reckoning, since most people buy a dog to suit the terrain, a non saluki type would be more beneficial for the majority of dog owners in the uk. This is just my opinion btw, cos I say it doesn't make it legally binding or anything lol

Baldrick, you finally admit you don't know much, well done son, your half way there :toast: As for the aerial views, what is it with you and helicopters, your obsessed :blink:

Clearly you and Jamie have a deficiency of grey matter between the ears, I shall try and explain again.... The majority of running land in the uk is made up of much smaller fields than the fens have to offer. So by that reckoning, since most people buy a dog to suit the terrain, a non saluki type would be more beneficial for the majority of dog owners in the uk. This is just my opinion btw, cos I say it doesn't make it legally binding or anything lol

LEMON.

Edited by baldockbanks courser

your just indenial baw go get a sal mate get on them big fields :laugh:

just put them goal posts down and leave them where they are mate, you starting to look pathetic now :thumbdown:

LEMON.

When talking about saluki bred dogs , why is field size allways an issue ? Its not , good ones can kill them in grass paddocks . If anyone wants me to prove it, invite me out in the winter anywhere in the country

LEMON.

When talking about saluki bred dogs , why is field size allways an issue ? Its not , good ones can kill them in grass paddocks . If anyone wants me to prove it, invite me out in the winter anywhere in the country

you got an invite

LEMON.

you got an invite

Nice one

good dogs will run and kill them anywhere,but as sum of the men have stated its horses for coures, but the real goodins you can take them anywhere,a lot of the best dogs in england wud struggle in ireland i.e the feilds are tighter,gates, sheepwire,a lot of escape routes,its the same for irish dogs unless they run in england regularly. They struggle when they go over there first few times. A dog has to learn where to run. But the real gooodins will run anywhere.

• Like 3