end of season

TonyT

had an hour with dogs and ferrets yesterday.

just tried 3 little places - just 2 or 3 holes.

It was an excerise for the dog really on marking etc.

The ferret bolted young from all 3.well bolted is the wrong word but young came out.

I could understand the odd milky doe,but half grown uns in early Feb?

thats me done for the season. :(

YIS

T

Guest big fish hunter

hi every time i have gone out lamping i have shot half grown rabbits and adults with young in them and the same when i have gone ferritng. i have had it all winter is it a sign to come that the warmer weather is going to make the bunnys breed all year round???? :blink:

BIG FISH HUNTER

Guest houndblair

When i gutted my bag yesterday both had young in :cry: My season is over after my last trip on my permison then of to south wales to ferret a mates farm, then ill be out with the guns shooting crows/woodys/magys n squirrels Shame really woth climate change and al lthis malakly!

I think it all depends on the situation and area your in.

If its pest control and their is thousands about and have to be removed, then you dont have a lot of choice but to carry on, on the farmers request.

If, on the other hand, like myself, you do it for a day out with the ferts and dog and the bunnys are not too high, then yes, you are killing off stock for next year by taking out does in young and young rabbits. :yes:

All about management really, is it not. ;)

Frank.

If its pest control and their is thousands about and have to be removed, then you dont have a lot of choice but to carry on, on the farmers request.

If, on the other hand, like myself, you do it for a day out with the ferts and dog and the bunnys are not too high, then yes, you are killing off stock for next year by taking out does in young and young rabbits. :yes:

Frank.

Frank [bANNED TEXT] got it in 1 mate :) very sensible way of thinking :victory:

Bry

Frank.

very true frank :yes:

theres pest control and then theres sport. sometimes people forget theres a difference, there are those who kill at any oportunity just for the numbers and then there are those who feel everyone should be sporting even when clearing land of a pest at the land owners request. We must respect our quarry but at the same time pest control is not a sporting affair.