yet another amazing hunt

hi all,

well me and scott decided to head out on an afternoon shoot on our local rabbit permission.

there were a fair fiew rabbits out so we got cracking.

i started to wonder about to the local hotspots when i saw a rabbit, i range found it and it read 65meters. i had just check zeroed and felt confident i would hit the rabbit so i decided to take the shot (there was a bush in the way that stopped me getting closer). i pulled the trigger and half a second later the rabbbit dropped :thumbs:

i chucked it into the bag and cracked on.

a few minutes later i poked my head round a corner and saw 4 rabbits but unfortunately i had spooked them and they ran into the bush. i decided to sit off at zero range from where they ran in. 15 minutes later, some rabbit ears. it wasnt where i had expected it o pop out and range found it at 55 meter. i adjusted for the distance and yet another clean headshot :thumbs:

the next hour was pretty dry with nothing in range of a good shot so i had a break and headed back to the treeline where i had shot the previous rabbit. this time i sat on the other end and waited. it wasnt long before i was observing a few bunnies just out of range of a shot in front of the bushes.

as i was lokoing at them to pass the time, i heard a quick rustleing sound, i poked my head over the scope slowly to see a nice rabbit at 10 yards. a quick switch target and the rabbit was mine. :tongue2:

happy with my bag, i cracked on. the next bunny i saw was about 300m away. i knew full well i could get close enough to it as this one was a crafty buggar and had evaded me many times before but i decided to take a different approch.

i hoped the fence and trekked through some dence bushes and trees. after 15 minutes of netle stinks and thorn bush attacks i had made it in range. i poped my head over the fence and boom! another rabbit :thumbs:

i went to pick it up and headed in as it was getting on. on my way in, more bunnie ears! couldnt belive it! i crawled up to it and as i poped my head up out of the long grass it had gone, but i caught some movement in the corner of my eye on the other side of the bush it hopped through. there was a break in the bush and i quickly leaned over and at 5 foot there was bugs. :)

total of 5 in the bag for today. :thumbs:

scott also got himself a nice kill and 40 meters on a rabbit.

overall a very good day for us :)

hope you enjoyed the write up :thumbs:

75fc3c92.jpg

I poped my head over the fence then boom! another rabbit. :blink:

What are you shooting with, a cannon?:hmm::laugh:

That's good going at those distances Alex, is your gun chucking the pellets out at normal power [sub 12ft/lb] and how much

hold over do you need at 65 meters?

Edited to ask what calibre the gun is?

Edited by tote

hi all,

well me and scott decided to head out on an afternoon shoot on our local rabbit permission.

there were a fair fiew rabbits out so we got cracking.

i started to wonder about to the local hotspots when i saw a rabbit, i range found it and it read 65meters. i had just check zeroed and felt confident i would hit the rabbit so i decided to take the shot (there was a bush in the way that stopped me getting closer). i pulled the trigger and half a second later the rabbbit dropped :thumbs:

i chucked it into the bag and cracked on.

a few minutes later i poked my head round a corner and saw 4 rabbits but unfortunately i had spooked them and they ran into the bush. i decided to sit off at zero range from where they ran in. 15 minutes later, some rabbit ears. it wasnt where i had expected it o pop out and range found it at 55 meter. i adjusted for the distance and yet another clean headshot :thumbs:

the next hour was pretty dry with nothing in range of a good shot so i had a break and headed back to the treeline where i had shot the previous rabbit. this time i sat on the other end and waited. it wasnt long before i was observing a few bunnies just out of range of a shot in front of the bushes.

as i was lokoing at them to pass the time, i heard a quick rustleing sound, i poked my head over the scope slowly to see a nice rabbit at 10 yards. a quick switch target and the rabbit was mine. :tongue2:

happy with my bag, i cracked on. the next bunny i saw was about 300m away. i knew full well i could get close enough to it as this one was a crafty buggar and had evaded me many times before but i decided to take a different approch.

i hoped the fence and trekked through some dence bushes and trees. after 15 minutes of netle stinks and thorn bush attacks i had made it in range. i poped my head over the fence and boom! another rabbit :thumbs:

i went to pick it up and headed in as it was getting on. on my way in, more bunnie ears! couldnt belive it! i crawled up to it and as i poped my head up out of the long grass it had gone, but i caught some movement in the corner of my eye on the other side of the bush it hopped through. there was a break in the bush and i quickly leaned over and at 5 foot there was bugs. :)

total of 5 in the bag for today. :thumbs:

scott also got himself a nice kill and 40 meters on a rabbit.

overall a very good day for us :)

hope you enjoyed the write up :thumbs:

75fc3c92.jpg

Hi,

Have just got myself AAS400 AND I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY IF I COULD GET RESULTS LIKE THAT...good shooting :thumbs:

hey.

yes its a under 12 ft pds rifle. me and my mate do a lot of target practising at long ranges so we've become quite good at it. :thumbs:

atb

alex

Is it .177 or .22?

177. mate. i dont think id have the skills to do it with a 22. :tongue2:

atb

alex

hey.

yes its a under 12 ft pds rifle. me and my mate do a lot of target practising at long ranges so we've become quite good at it. :thumbs:

atb

alex

Back to the original question Alex, how much hold over do you have at 65 meters?

just over 4 mildots mate.

atb alex

Thanks for getting back to me Alex,:thumbs: what does 4 milldots equate to in inches.

sorry mate, didnt quite understand the question. :icon_redface:

i wouldnt know, i just work off what each mildot represents in distance depending on my zero range and then depending on the ground, angle and wind i just adjust from there.

hope this helps a little :thumbs:

atb

alex