Private Gun/Gear Sales - !!POTENTIAL SCAM!!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are failing to note that it was DavyT who validated H1989 publically when this first came up on here.   This is internet land, how do we know that DavyT wasn't involved, simple, we don't! If Dav

I think the gobshites who posted on here in defence of Hunter1989 should repay your money between them ................   Where are you now boys?   You stood up for H1989 when I was trying to exp

According to Royal Mail's tracking service David Graham received my letter yesterday at ~3pm. A copy of which is below.   5th May 2011   Mr David Graham,   On the 12th April 2011 you received Â

Posted Images

I've been contacted by a member of the public regarding David Graham as they are selling stuff on Gumtree and asking about whether they are dodgy or not. They found this thread by googling their phone number. Needless to say I have given honest account of my experiences so far. If anyone else is having issues please get in touch.

Just to give you an update - I received David Graham's full admission to the civil court claim the other day...which was a little surprise given his last phone call ended "I look forward to seeing you in court!". As he's been on job seekers allowance for the last 7 months, he's only offered to pay me £15/month. However, there are issues that I intend to follow up...

Another update - the issues I intended to follow up...David Graham stated the on the form that for the last 7 months he's been receiving £96 every two weeks job seekers allowance...but then failed to state that he has ANY outgoings and £0 in savings (he even claimed not to have a bank account!) :doh::wallbash:. As such I made the case that over 7 months he should amassed £1344 in cash as obviously it must all be in cash and that he must be a kept man with all his expenses being paid by his other half. Hopefully this is also mean that they look into his benefits and ascertain whether they need to continue to pay honest taxpayers money to an apparently kept man :rolleyes: .

As such a copy of my response was also sent to David. Having clarified this with the court this morning - David has apparently mistaken this response as an order from the court to immediately pay £100 - which he did a couple of days ago :laugh::doh::wallbash::laugh: . I have now requested judgement on the remaining court fees to be paid immediately. :D

However, I have also been contacted by a guy who bought a mobile phone off Gumtree - he asked for a tracking number and again never recived it (sound familar?!). I found my details via googling the phone number on the advert - David Graham (who is now also using 07855936933) and it came up with this threat. Hopefully they will follow up my suggestion that they also add this to the incident number that the Police have for my issue.

So the end is financially in sight for me with £300 returned after 2 months and now on court costs to reclaim. I have a meeting lined up with the Police on Sunday for them to get all my computer based details...so lets hoping that they do some good digging on previous scams too!!

People throughout have asked if I think it was a scam - if it a wasn't a scam would it have been such a hassle? Probably not!

• Like 1

Thats good news Oly,You should be congratulated on your determination to get back what was rightly yours,W@nkers like David Graham rely on people not to report these scams so they can continue their pursuits,I think now hes realised hes bit off more than he can chew........Mot Juste?

Another update - last week the courts ruled in my favour and ordered David Graham to pay the remaining monies immediately (20th June). At present I still haven't received these monies so have given him notice that if they are not received by the end of the week then I will be issuing a warrent for their reclamation - i.e. bailiffs, adding another £100 court fees plus the bailiffs fees...which aren't going to be cheap!

The Police have spoken at length to the mobile phone scam guy from gumtree and are looking into matters further.

:D