whats best dog ye seen perform.....

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think a lot more lads out there could have better dogs than they have, i know i could, i have a decent'ish bitch that wants more, needs more, and is capable of doing more, she is switched on, intell

This is one of those topics were you everybody has a different opinion on what constitutes a good/great dog....Its all relative to the people you know and the circles you run in....I've seen and owned

The bitch has probably killed her share of roe but I believe 700 is an exageration to inflate MOO'S bigger than average ego, either that or he cannot count.

Posted Images

Depends I suppose what you mean by perform, are we talking hares?, rabbits?, fox, deer?, daytime?, nighttime? or all of the above?.

Though they're not actually above.

Edited by mackay

Depends I suppose what you mean by perfom, are we talking hares?, rabbits?, fox, deer?, daytime?, nighttime? or all of the above?.

dont matter what game they doing, aslong as ye thought or knew they were the top of it :D

i can think of about 7 dogs i have seen that id a called proper dogs ;)

All joking aside, should be a good thread :thumbs:

Another interesting question would be, once you had seen and heard (from honest people) how top class dogs perform.....how much trouble do you have accepting second best? :thumbs: :thumbs:

edited for my shit spelling!! :icon_redface:

Edited by WILF

Another interesting question would be, once you had seen and heard (from honest people) how top class dogs perform.....how much trouble do you have accepting second best? :thumbs: :thumbs:

When you have owned a good dog WILF not saying you havent.They never quite get the job done as efficiently as your best.You think just something missing.JMO.:thumbs:

When you have owned a good dog WILF not saying you havent.They never quite get the job done as efficiently.You think just something missing.JMO.:thumbs:

Fair comment mate, and no, I have never owned anything I would regard as top class and thats being honest :thumbs:

And your right, you always see the missing bits......IMHO people need to get about and see for themselves before they can make the decision on if there mutt is even approaching being good......if its not and they chose to accept that, then I can understand that...people get attached to their animals :thumbs:

Ok, as we can sit an chat bollocks all night and nobody decides (or ain't got the bottle to post!) heres mine...

Perform... I'm lucky enough to have owned him, a dog called Buck (and I really wouldn't say this lightly!), I thought i'd seen one hell of a dog, the best (his uncle), and never thought i'd see another like it, but this dog matched all his uncle did and then excelled it. I'm certain I'll never own anything like him again. :yes:

Just for the record, another that very much deserves a mention, not owned by me, a Liverpool dog named Floyd. Simply 'the' best dog on foxes I (and many others) have seen, yep, best not decribed as a jack of all trades but oh, what a master at one! (Not a drop of bull blood in there either).

Ok boys & girls, do your worst... Pull it to pieces! ;)

hey dootty ive seen some good uns an legends in there but not the best :thumbs: but shes good

ive seen some good dogs in the 20 years of going out and the thing is every dogs a legend till the next dog comes a long then thats the best dog they seen in years a dog is omly as good as the last time out and what i say is that if the dogs what you like and does what you want then its a goodin a legend to me might be shite to you my best dog was a dog called fred now that was well spoke of in the local area where i lived at time everybody new me that is lurcher lads he was one mean hard fck he like nowt better than getting smashed on them nasty things never new what ihad till he diead nowt as come close in my eyes for fox deer and nastys when it was legal u know what i mean rip fred

Ok, as we can sit an chat bollocks all night and nobody decides (or ain't got the bottle to post!) heres mine...

Perform... I'm lucky enough to have owned him, a dog called Buck (and I really wouldn't say this lightly!), I thought i'd seen one hell of a dog, the best (his uncle), and never thought i'd see another like it, but this dog matched all his uncle did and then excelled it. I'm certain I'll never own anything like him again. :yes:

Just for the record, another that very much deserves a mention, not owned by me, a Liverpool dog named Floyed. Simply 'the' best dog on foxes I (and many others) have seen, yep, best not decribed as a jack of all trades but oh, what a master at one! (Not a drop of bull blood in there either).

Ok boys & girls, do your worst... Pull it to pieces! ;)

Mate if you say they were good, then they must have been very good indeed :thumbs: ....