best ferreting book ?

Alright mate, only ferreting book I have ever bought is called 'Ferreting for the future' by Simon Whitehead. I give it 10/10, and would recomend it to anyone. Before I read the book I didnt have a clue about ferrets and ferreting, its by no way an instant expert and like the others have already suggested, its best too get out in the field but its a good starting point :thumbs:

It covers EVERYTHING, from what too look for when getting a ferret, its housing (Hutches, runs and how too clean them propperly), loads about handling them, teaching them not too bite, checking for ailments, all the different diets with there pro's and con's. He goes through the different types of equiptment and how there used (Locators, setting purse nets, digging, ect). I could go on and on but am sure you get the jist. I think its very well writen, easy to understand and has little if not any, rubbish added in to pad out the book.

All the best,

Bleachtastesnice

• 3 months later...

Of course it is better to put things into practise and learn that way. However, the 2 best books which were wrote some years ago was a Book called Modern Ferreting by Plumber,I know alot of people thought of him has a utter buffoon, know all and liar, but at the end of the day he was highly educated and he was a very good writer indeed. Another great Book and perhaps the best of all was a book titled ' Pugs and Drummers', a superb read but quite rare nowadays.Please forget all these modern day publications they are not too good at all.

MY BEST REGARDS.

DOCTOR DOLITTLE.........

MANY APOLOGIES, I SPELT PLUMMER INCORRECTLY.THE AUTHOR WASN'T EVERYONES CUP OF TEA BUT WITHOUT A DOUBT COULD HE PUT IT DOWN ON PAPER. I THINK HE POSSESSED A PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORY. HOWEVER, HE DID PICK ALOT OF THE TRUE DOGMANS BRAINS WHO HAD THE KNOWLEDGE AND PLUMMER PUT IT DOWN ON PAPER. AT THE END OF THE DAY HE REALLY WASN'T A GOOD DOGMAN, BUT AN EXCELLENT WRITER. SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT TO TODAYS SO- CALLED AUTHORS. LIKE I MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY, 'PUGS AND DRUMMERS' IS AN EXCELLENT BOOK. THERE IS SO MUCH INFORMATION ON THE FERRET AND ITS QUARRY THE RABBIT. I AM PRETTY SURE YOU WILL LIKE THE BOOK AND IF YOU WANT ANY INFORMATION PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS I'M ALWAYS GLAD TO HELP.....

REGARDS DOCTOR DOLITTLE...