Best working dog you have seen...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before I moved out here to England, the dog I held in highest regard was a friends Bully/cattle/stag X Stag, that dog could stop any pig, and also catch rabbit, hare, fox, roo's, fallow and the odd re

whippet coile greyhond candy took everything and anything day in day out caught 13 squirles on a golf course why we were ferreting a fox and 6 rabbits good bitch the old brindal bitch 12 there see her do everthing she was the start to luckys mothers side

sounded a good bitch there

she was a realy handy do anything draw out of holes ferret rat lamp took some real big fellas on her own see her stop loads of 3 out of 3s on the fen she was a real gooden

ONE of the best bitches I ever had was collie,whippet,x grey, Tinker, she could Hunt a field, as good as any field trial, springer spaniel,do her job, and carry back up into the van, when she was carrying back to me and she come up to sheep fence wire, she would nose the Hare through the wire,

jump over, her self and pull the Hare through the wire, at five bar gates she would do the same, she done so much running she was muscle bound in the back legs, Her stamina was unreal, from 1969 to early 70s, I only took one litter of pups from her,she never come into season, until she was nearly 4 years old, The late Ted Cooper, his old dog Lined the bitch, A big old rough Blue grey dog, 26"/27" grey/deer,bedlington/collie was in his makeup,he was around 7 year old, or older his running days were over that was sure, she had a nice litter of pups, one of the pups was given to a fellow called Dodds, from Carlisle, he went down, for Gbh, and the dog pup was sold on to a fellow down in west Cumbria, A fawn broken haired

dog only made about 23"

and that was the start of your great strain, that they were raving about down in West cumbria, another pup went to an old friend of mine, Jimmy Loughrie, a Dark Brindle, she was x eyed, ((truth, the only dog I ever saw that way, well Jimmy to this day, called her the champion of champions,

he said the best dog he ever saw behind a Hare, Jimmy is still going strong he is about 72 but still keeps a couple of running dogs, sadly Ted is No longer with us, he came up from Lincoln, and settled in Carlisle, ((( my apologies, to Willow, for crossing over on his post, 3 nice dogs by the way, (((( and to cap it all I never kept a Pup out of that Litter, I thought they were too small for Hares and Deer,((( how wrong can you be,

whippet coile greyhond candy took everything and anything day in day out caught 13 squirles on a golf course why we were ferreting a fox and 6 rabbits good bitch the old brindal bitch 12 there see her do everthing she was the start to luckys mothers side

sounded a good bitch there

she was a realy handy do anything draw out of holes ferret rat lamp took some real big fellas on her own see her stop loads of 3 out of 3s on the fen she was a real gooden

ONE of the best bitches I ever had was collie,whippet,x grey, Tinker, she could Hunt a field, as good as any field trial, springer spaniel,do her job, and carry back up into the van, when she was carrying back to me and she come up to sheep fence wire, she would nose the Hare through the wire,

jump over, her self and pull the Hare through the wire, at five bar gates she would do the same, she done so much running she was muscle bound in the back legs, Her stamina was unreal, from 1969 to early 70s, I only took one litter of pups from her,she never come into season, until she was nearly 4 years old, The late Ted Cooper, his old dog Lined the bitch, A big old rough Blue grey dog, 26"/27" grey/deer,bedlington/collie was in his makeup,he was around 7 year old, or older his running days were over that was sure, she had a nice litter of pups, one of the pups was given to a fellow called Dodds, from Carlisle, he went down, for Gbh, and the dog pup was sold on to a fellow down in west Cumbria, A fawn broken haired

dog only made about 23"

and that was the start of your great strain, that they were raving about down in West cumbria, another pup went to an old friend of mine, Jimmy Loughrie, a Dark Brindle, she was x eyed, ((truth, the only dog I ever saw that way, well Jimmy to this day, called her the champion of champions,

he said the best dog he ever saw behind a Hare, Jimmy is still going strong he is about 72 but still keeps a couple of running dogs, sadly Ted is No longer with us, he came up from Lincoln, and settled in Carlisle, ((( my apologies, to Willow, for crossing over on his post, 3 nice dogs by the way, (((( and to cap it all I never kept a Pup out of that Litter, I thought they were too small for Hares and Deer,((( how wrong can you be,

border lad good read this bitch was bred to a pure greyhound and all the pups killed there selfs then second litter was to my dog JOSH there was some good pups some rubbish but that happends :thumbs:

Hi Keano, any chance of elaborating on the dog you mentioned? What made it such a good dog, the name snatch means nothing to me, no offence meant by that, just im not at all clued up with well known dogs over here. What sort of running dog was it?

Best dog i've seen was a geniune first cross, he would happily work alongside terriers, could finish fox after fox like shelling peas, deer were no problem and yet he would retrieve rabbits live to hand. He could be run without a slip, off the back seat happily and never started a fight and was the most laid back dog you could ever meet. In my eyes the ideal dog.

Best bitch iv'e seen was also a genuine half cross, she was hard on anything edible and often meat was only suitable as hound chow but when the ivories were shown this bitch was a machine, no reverse gear and no slowing down no matter how many were put in front of her.......

sounds like some dogs youve seen there and some tackle by the sound of it pal did you own said dogs ? :thumbs:

saluki/deerhound/coursing grey/ bitza dog, looks like a mix-coat saluki, dog is the ugliest ever i seen, he brings everything live to hand, obviously im not talking about stuff that bites back, he has a unbelievable jump and the most spectacular thing he caught once was a half grown fawn, he pinned it to the ground until help came, not a scratch on it. i saw the video, he was bred by a mate of mine but belongs to a mate of his, only just discovered the mother of the dog was sold lately, if i knew he was thinking of selling her id have bought her and repeated the mating with the sire again in the hope of another like him turning up in the litter :(

Best dog i've seen was a geniune first cross, he would happily work alongside terriers, could finish fox after fox like shelling peas, deer were no problem and yet he would retrieve rabbits live to hand. He could be run without a slip, off the back seat happily and never started a fight and was the most laid back dog you could ever meet. In my eyes the ideal dog.

Best bitch iv'e seen was also a genuine half cross, she was hard on anything edible and often meat was only suitable as hound chow but when the ivories were shown this bitch was a machine, no reverse gear and no slowing down no matter how many were put in front of her.......

sounds like some dogs youve seen there and some tackle by the sound of it pal did you own said dogs ? :thumbs:

Owned one of them, my lamping partner owned the other, all pre ban.............

would love to try my mongrels on a boar hog tusker :thumbs:

Great fun mate, some of the best times of my life catching pigs. These mother ****ers over here in Europe are a hand full lol Savage. If your working holders you want some decent gear on the dogs!

Good hunting mate

Tusker :thumbs:

Edited by Tusker

Owned one of them, my lamping partner owned the other, all pre ban.............

nice 1 :thumbs:

would love to try my mongrels on a boar hog tusker :thumbs:

Great fun mate, some of the best times of my life catching pigs. These mother ****ers over here in Europe are a hand full lol Savage. If your working holders you want some decent gear on the dogs!

Good hunting mate

Tusker :thumbs:

cheers :thumbs: