A pest control job on the new permission and some woodys

zini

Hi Villaman,

Ive just bought a new camera today on a super deal in Nottingham.

My new camera is a Sony Handycam DCR-SR35E with Super Night Shot Plus and full HDD.

Was £229 but i got it for £119 so i couldnt say no really.

Normally though i use another really good camera a Sony Handycam DCR-SR32E with Super Night Shot and full HD which is 3 models down from my new one.

That camera has just been sold to a very good friend of mine though at mates rates.

Thanks for the nice comment

ATB

Si

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmmm OK,   So seems this forum is properly split on the kit debate. Get chunks ripped off you for shooting em and chunks ripped out of you when you don't!   I'm sure Si was acting under the genera

Edited and deleted.   Cant argue with a Mod.   There you go Stubby   Oh and what i choose to do on my permission in regards to kits is my bussiness mate but thanks for your words of wisdom

ill go and fetch the popcorn again

Posted Images

After a chat with the lady who owns the permission she instructed me to shoot all the rabbits large and small as she is at her wits ends with the damage they are causing on her estate.

I don’t usually shoot kits unless I have no choice and am instructed to as i see it as a waist of life and un sporting but this lady wanted every rabbit i see shooting.

I shot 2 kits to keep her happy but left many more untouched, what she doesnt know wont hurt her will it?

good on you for getting permission, but it amazes me, how many shooters have the same attitude as yourself

rabbits are a pest species, whatever the age, you quote unsporting, yet use the word pest control on your video, so its a bit contradicting, and saying what she dosent see wont hurt her :hmm: well, she's going to be seeing lots of little ones running around thats for sure :doh:

now, probably opening a can of worms here, but you shoot a woodie at the start of video :hmm: now you'll already know that woodies cannot be shot for sport, only pest control, :hmm: yet it cant be for crop protection in a garden, so it could only be for health and safety issues, ie gauno, yet couldent see mountains of pigeon poo anywhere,

if your going to follow the lines of "pest control" then please stop using the word unsporting, as the two words dont go together, your there to do a job, end of, and if a customer asks for all to be culled, then do it, or turn around and recomend another shooter who will

Hi stubby

“Get off ya soap boxâ€

The reason Si isn’t taking the kits, I would imagine like others on here!

Because of the amount of meet on them! He does not ferret so none of them to feed or dogs or BOP

Si is in the country for a short while,so when he is ready to leave I suspect he will do it justice! Regards of pigeons yes they are a health hazard as he has told me so they need to be shot! :thumbs:

PS

its down to Si how he shoots his permission "not you!"

rant over!

Davy

Your right Davy,

I shouldnt have to answer to someone just because they are a moderator, but as always I have removed the post to stop people getting upset, not because what i was doing was wrong.

Regarding kits if i dont like shooting them thats my own view and I wont shoot them if i can get away with it. :thumbs: .

If i shoot pigeons its for a good reason and in this case it was as we spoke about on the phone but I dont have to explain myself to anyone i dont want to so I'll leave it at that and let them go on.

They tasted nice as well so didnt go to waist.

ATB

Si.

Edited by zini

Hi Villaman,

Ive just bought a new camera today on a super deal in Nottingham.

My new camera is a Sony Handycam DCR-SR35E with Super Night Shot Plus and full HDD.

Was £229 but i got it for £119 so i couldnt say no really.

Normally though i use another really good camera a Sony Handycam DCR-SR32E with Super Night Shot and full HD which is 3 models down from my new one.

That camera has just been sold to a very good friend of mine though at mates rates.

Thanks for the nice comment

ATB

Si

hi si thats the same sony handycam i have,the one you are selling your mate great handycam.....your mate will be happy with that bud...:thumbs:

symon.

After a chat with the lady who owns the permission she instructed me to shoot all the rabbits large and small as she is at her wits ends with the damage they are causing on her estate.

I don’t usually shoot kits unless I have no choice and am instructed to as i see it as a waist of life and un sporting but this lady wanted every rabbit i see shooting.

I shot 2 kits to keep her happy but left many more untouched, what she doesnt know wont hurt her will it?

good on you for getting permission, but it amazes me, how many shooters have the same attitude as yourself

rabbits are a pest species, whatever the age, you quote unsporting, yet use the word pest control on your video, so its a bit contradicting, and saying what she dosent see wont hurt her :hmm: well, she's going to be seeing lots of little ones running around thats for sure :doh:

now, probably opening a can of worms here, but you shoot a woodie at the start of video :hmm: now you'll already know that woodies cannot be shot for sport, only pest control, :hmm: yet it cant be for crop protection in a garden, so it could only be for health and safety issues, ie gauno, yet couldent see mountains of pigeon poo anywhere,

if your going to follow the lines of "pest control" then please stop using the word unsporting, as the two words dont go together, your there to do a job, end of, and if a customer asks for all to be culled, then do it, or turn around and recomend another shooter who will

Hmmm OK,

So seems this forum is properly split on the kit debate. Get chunks ripped off you for shooting em and chunks ripped out of you when you don't!

I'm sure Si was acting under the general license and satisfied it to the full extent when shooting them woodies, I have no idea how you come to the idea of why or how or what for he was shooting them from watching that short clip.

He was controlling a nuisance not eradicating it, Maybe he should of shot every kit he seen. Maybe he should of just done enough to keep the lady happy and keep him in useful sport or someone else at a later date.

Calling what we do Pest control also keeps it a bit more palatable to the outside reader who may browse this forum. I also find it a little odd that as a Mod you challenge the legality of what Si is doing when this forum is full of "pre ban" type material which in most cases is blatant flaunting of the law and not even sniffed at.

Just my twopence worth

Karpman

• Like 3

why is is, that as a moderator, Im not allowed to ask questions like any other member, its an open forum, if therefore you only want praises, then an open forum is not the place, a little critasism can be good on posts, and get people thinking outside of the box, I cant understand why people feel the need to start removing sections of their posts, no one is mocking them, simply asking a question, and no soap box here either, saying your using the word "pest control" to make it sound better to non shooting types is ok, my point is, dont use "un sporting" in the same sentance,

and as for the stupid reply about amounts of meat on a young rabbit, utter tosh, the customer has already asked for ALL to be removed, weather they are being eaten or fed is niether here knor there

why is is, that as a moderator, Im not allowed to ask questions like any other member, its an open forum, if therefore you only want praises, then an open forum is not the place, a little critasism can be good on posts, and get people thinking outside of the box, I cant understand why people feel the need to start removing sections of their posts, no one is mocking them, simply asking a question, and no soap box here either, saying your using the word "pest control" to make it sound better to non shooting types is ok, my point is, dont use "un sporting" in the same sentance,

and as for the stupid reply about amounts of meat on a young rabbit, utter tosh, the customer has already asked for ALL to be removed, weather they are being eaten or fed is niether here knor there

Stubby, like myself and most of the other folks on here Si's not a profesional pest controler unlike yourself :thumbs:

We shoot mostly for sport and if that means helping the landowner with a bit of a bunny or whatever problem then surely that's fair enough, ain't it?? We shoot for free and if the owner wanted a 'pro' to eradicate the problem, they're going to have to put their hand in their pocket and employ someone like yourself....

Si's shooting for the pot and is also looking to keep his chosen sport for the future. There's less bunnies wrecking the owner's land so what's the problem??

Cheers :thumbs:

Edited by andyfr1968

stupid i am!! :nono: :nono: :censored::feck: :feck:

this once great forum is decending into a load of crap.....:thumbdown:

unless every post is to the letter of the law you get jumped on.....hence why i havent been wrighting my hunting trips up of late..an iv been out a lot just recently..

iv had some missed placed shot iv taken some long shots, iv been killing the kits where i need to.........oooopps shouldent be saying that sould i...

any new member will be sceard to death to post on hear......or be under the illusion that every one is one shot one perfect kill.. non of us are perfect,,we all make mistakes or minor miss judgments..but we learn from them....however seams as though you cant post about it anymore......

Stubby pal.

you decided theres no droppings from that short little video :hmm: :hmm: .i glad you could see all the permission from that vid..because i couldent.........trust me when i say this there is massive amounts of crap there..i no as iv been there and had a walk around the full permission.

my little rant over

Andy