biggest trout

Had a couple of rainbows to around 18lb but they don't fight, just a heavy weight on the line :thumbdown: 4lb ferox is my biggest brown though, that was a much better fight :thumbs: had a 2lb tiger trout years ago wondered what the fudge it was when i pulled it out :blink:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure with rainbows, some monsters about, and had some very decent blues, but i think my biggest brown, was 7lb something (12 maybe?), taken on the tweed, with a tups indispensable dry, which is basically wool from a rams nuts.

Your my new hero :thumbs:

Cheers mate, it's nice to be somebodys, even if they are scottish :tongue2:

Would love to have seen that fish mate, were you fishing for salmon on the tweed with a dry fly?

Edited by baw
we all dream about getting a fish like that

Durham ice-rink(if its still there?)check the fish-ladder out in September,your best chance to pick one up in your area.

Now now mackem the ice rink tunnel is still there;-) iv had many a salmon and sea trout from up there but it's so naughty up there with the ea now and they have built a hotel at the side of the river but on the plus side there is some shallow spots further downstream

Not sure with rainbows, some monsters about, and had some very decent blues, but i think my biggest brown, was 7lb something (12 maybe?), taken on the tweed, with a tups indispensable dry, which is basically wool from a rams nuts.

Would love to have seen that fish mate, were you fishing for salmon on the tweed with a dry fly?

No mate i was poaching trout with one. :tongue2:

One of the maddest catches i have had the pleasure of... 20lber caught on a golden trout livebait! In conditions were the river was half frozen, and temperatures were around minus 10!! On new years eve..(One of the best days of the year as welll as new years day & xmas to poach on)

post-17284-0-50551600-1302940128_thumb.jpg

No mate i was poaching trout with one. :tongue2:

Even better. Because I know how hard that is mate, total respect :notworthy:

One of the maddest catches i have had the pleasure of... 20lber caught on a golden trout livebait! In conditions were the river was half frozen, and temperatures were around minus 10!! On new years eve..(One of the best days of the year as welll as new years day & xmas to poach on)

htt

That would have been a nice fish when she first entered the river. But as she is now a kelt I hope you let her go to try and get back to the sea, she has done her part.

TC

Edited by tiercel

htt

That would have been a nice fish when she first entered the river. But as she is now a kelt I hope you let her go to try and get back to the sea, she has done her part.

TC

Why would i not let her go? I have never killed a fish in my life over 2lb..... And at around the 20lb mark it was still a nice fish. As you can see from the bait, weather conditions and time of year, i wasnt actually fishing for that species. :thumbs:

It was just an extradordinary catch. As its hard enough to catch a fish on a fly or a worm once doing its buisness in the rivers, never mind a livebait. And concidering the temperatures and the river half frozen, well even the hardiest fish werent on the move. Cheers anyway, and nice to see someone with a bit of concern for fish. :thumbs:

Why would i not let her go? I have never killed a fish in my life over 2lb..... And at around the 20lb mark it was still a nice fish. As you can see from the bait, weather conditions and time of year, i wasnt actually fishing for that species. :thumbs:

It was just an extradordinary catch. As its hard enough to catch a fish on a fly or a worm once doing its buisness in the rivers, never mind a livebait. And concidering the temperatures and the river half frozen, well even the hardiest fish werent on the move. Cheers anyway, and nice to see someone with a bit of concern for fish. :thumbs:

Well done that man, :thumbs: I wish every one had that ethos. :thumbs:

TC