biggest trout

hi all fort i would put this post up see who on here as caught the biggest trout as ive caught my biggest one today weighing in at 10lb and what a fight thanks for looking hope to see some pics aswell thanks minzy :thumbs:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the biggest i have caught will be small compared to some peoples catches. years ago first time trip to the river bollin in cheshire caught a 5lb 9oz brown trout trotting for chub using maggots put up a great fight.

Not sure with rainbows, some monsters about, and had some very decent blues, but i think my biggest brown, was 7lb something (12 maybe?), taken on the tweed, with a tups indispensable dry, which is basically wool from a rams nuts.

I had a 21lb rainbow pellet pig at Loch Insch in aberdeenshire. It fought slowly and not particularly hard, but just lumberd about for some 15 minutes. It was shaped more like a carp than a wild trout but was quite huge, my biggest by miles.

Loch insch used to have lots of monsters, and getting a double was quite normal, we would get one every couple of trips. I saw a fish of 28lb caught, and if i remember correctly the fishery record was over 30lb.

I dont fish for pellet pigs anymore, i prefer salmon now - my biggest is strangely -------------21lb!

However that fish fought like a demon for 25 minutes and was quite spectacular. I am hoping to get a model made of it at some point, from the pictures. It was a coloured hen fish, on the last day of the season from the Dee.

IMG00075-20101006-1635.jpg

Edited by DIVERD

Not sure with rainbows, some monsters about, and had some very decent blues, but i think my biggest brown, was 7lb something (12 maybe?), taken on the tweed, with a tups indispensable dry, which is basically wool from a rams nuts.

Your my new hero :thumbs:

Your my new hero :thumbs:

Cheers mate, it's nice to be somebodys, even if they are scottish :tongue2:

I had a 21lb rainbow pellet pig at Loch Insch in aberdeenshire. It fought slowly and not particularly hard, but just lumberd about for some 15 minutes. It was shaped more like a carp than a wild trout but was quite huge, my biggest by miles.

Loch insch used to have lots of monsters, and getting a double was quite normal, we would get one every couple of trips. I saw a fish of 28lb caught, and if i remember correctly the fishery record was over 30lb.

I dont fish for pellet pigs anymore, i prefer salmon now - my biggest is strangely -------------21lb!

However that fish fought like a demon for 25 minutes and was quite spectacular. I am hoping to get a model made of it at some point, from the pictures. It was a coloured hen fish, on the last day of the season from the Dee.

Have 2 say nice catch

you guys want to get up to loch awe. I usually fish for pike and we have had some good ones, but the regular ferox fishermen up there are something else - google brian rutlands fish - amazing! there have been a few around the 20lb caught recently. top fish

Have 2 say nice catch

fantastic fish mate well done. we all dream about getting a fish like that :thumbs: